Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satisfaction of IBB users?

• 19-01-2004 6:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

I've done a search on IBB threads and there seems to have been a few recurring issues in the past, and I'm wondering if these have been cleared up.

Basically what pings and download speeds are you getting?
    Are you happy with the service?
    They seem to have been quite contended in the past, is this still the case?

Especially anyone on the Clondalkin mast, as that would be the one I'd connect to.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

In the past the low speeds have been caused by interference, not contention. I've had uber-slow speeds for 2 months now (just starting 3rd month) but IBB tell me that their bandwidth is nowhere near saturated, they say it has happened a few times in the past, but not for long.

Basically its hit or miss as to whether you'll have interference or not, so even if you have LOS, and live 100 metres from the tower, its still possible the interference will be too bad. And in all likelyhood, its your neigbhours home wireless lan equipment.

This will only be sorted when the new 3.5ghz equip gets rolled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Jonnie_Onion

C'mon, there must be more IBB users out there!

Lets imagine the worst case scenario, I pass the LOS, everything is installed, and it turns out that interference causes bad pings and download speeds in general. Do I have any comeback at all?

And when would my equipment be upgraded to the 3.5GHz stuff, at the earliest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Jonnie_Onion
    And when would my equipment be upgraded to the 3.5GHz stuff, at the earliest?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=1331877#post1331877

Advertisement