Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Clicksilver DUblin area

• 19-01-2004 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

UTV Clicksilver went off around midday Saturday and I beleive most of Dublin was out...It was still out this morning (Monday) ..After ringing tech support who quite frankly didn't really have a clue what was going on and seemed to care even less..with the exception of Orla on Sunday morning who was most helpfull but did not know of any problems with the system in the Dublin area..Even though on Saturday I was told there was a problem and it would be fixed.....

So if anyone is thinking of going to Clicksilver bear the above in mind as with the reductions proposed by Eirom and ESAT UTV would eventually be the most expensive of the three and with no proper weekend support in the Republic.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

whereas Eircom just have no support at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

worked okay...ish in dublin 6, it lost connection about 10 times in the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

UTV will bring their prices down aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

It must have been a localised outage, my was fine in D18 area. Also they say they will review their prices in March when Eircon reduce theirs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,883 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Mine was ok over the weekend (D15) tho I tried to log on this morning alright (around 7ish) and couldn't connect... in some ways I miss Dial-up as if one failed you could just use a different number... but thats the ONLY way mind! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

UTV was all OK in Bray as well - no downtime logged on my firewall.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Aepos

Its still down and the support is pathetic.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭DecTenToo

No problems in D7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭silent

few probs on sat evening,, thought it was my router so I ended up restarting it and the modem several times :)
    nothing since, event logs show nothing except some short problems during sun night
    no probs since then
    d15 btw

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Aepos

Thanks for the info mine is as dead as a duck. I disconnected the wireless router and fired up my spare machine with the UTV modem and it stll refuses to recognise me. The support bods have given me test account username and p/w I'll try those when I get home this evening. BTW I'm in the D16 area. After having BB for the last month losing it is a real pain in the butt, Specially if youve got kids in college with coursework in large pdf's....

Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement