Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipod prices??

Options
  • 19-01-2004 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Need advice on the cheapest place (online or high street) to pick up and ipod. Preferrably looking for 40gb version but if the price was right would go for 20gb.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

I checked up on these before Xmas, but as far as I could tell there wasn't much variation in prices. This is possibly down to the distridbution set up Apple use. The best value that I saw was on the old type 30gig - just because they were being phased out.

I'm still not convinced that the Ipod is such a better product over the creative etc that it's worth the extra price, and then there is the 18month battery life issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

Guys the best thing to do is if you know someone travelling to/from the US get them to buy it in the US. The dollar is very weak against the Euro at the moment.

My friend was home from Boston last weekend and he picked me up :

1 40GB ipod
    1 Apple Care
    1 Word Travel Adapter Kit (for the plugs)

Total including sales tax was converted to 488 Euro

As a comparison I tried to order the exact same 3 items from the Irish Apple Store site and the total including VAT was 727 Euro.

Bit of a difference :D

Basically I got the top 40GB model just a bit more expensive then the 15GB model...

Now next purchase will be the iPod mini !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Originally posted by Couch Potato
    Guys the best thing to do is if you know someone travelling to/from the US get them to buy it in the US. The dollar is very weak against the Euro at the moment.

My friend was home from Boston last weekend and he picked me up :

1 40GB ipod
    1 Apple Care
    1 Word Travel Adapter Kit (for the plugs)

Total including sales tax was converted to 488 Euro

As a comparison I tried to order the exact same 3 items from the Irish Apple Store site and the total including VAT was 727 Euro.

Bit of a difference :D

Basically I got the top 40GB model just a bit more expensive then the 15GB model...

Now next purchase will be the iPod mini !!!!

that's the best way to get them other wise you'll be paying through your noses

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    that's the best way to get them other wise you'll be paying through your noses

It is also cheaper than what Apple employees get them for in Cork ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

As you proberly know HP will be rebranding the ipod in the coming months, will this push down the prices?? what will the advantage of buying a HP one rather then Apple....the reason I want to know is that I have sold my sole to HP for a measly 5500 yo yo's in the Itsis (BOI) take over :dunno:

• Advertisement
Advertisement