Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

* Help * Black Nissan GTiR stolen!

Options
  • 19-01-2004 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

My cousins GTiR was stolen last night from outside his home in Mallow.

I'm just putting the word out in the hope that somebody might be able to help! Last time he saw it was parket up around 11:30 yesterday evening. Just a few details on her...

It's a very distinctive car (Nissan Pulsar) - black, with a large metallic gray colour intake and matching bumpers. It has five spoke 16' alloys (split spoke, similar to bmw) and a large bore full system exhaust.

The reg is 92-C-17039. Recently had a Sony CDX M800 cd player fitted. Apexi boost gauge mounted to the dash. A basic dump valve and bleed valve was fitted to the engine.

If anybody comes across any of the above please let me know!! He was at the car gathering in Douglas, Cork last night and left early because of the bad crowd - suspect that perhaps somebody followed him home. Please contact me if you hear or see anything sus - 087 1303 198

Many thanks.

C

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

With bit of luck he may find the car, It will have busted locks and no tyres but better then nothing. Car could also be broken down for parts as engine is very hard to get.

Don't tell me that he left GTiR parked with no alarm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

:( Hope he recovers it.

It's actually a pretty rare car, and most people probably wouldn't know what they were looking at if they did see it. I probably wouldn't myself.

It sounds very professional. They probably went to the event just to see if they could find that type of car, or something else that's rare that they could make money off. Then followed him all the way to Mallow, which probaly wouldn't have been easy in such a fast car. I'd guess he had a good alarm on it, so did they nick the keys or really know what they're doing? If it was me I'd be down at Rosslare looking at the ferry. I'd say that car is gone.

It's a story that makes me nervous. I recently bought a GT4. It's rare enough too and mine's spotless. I'm told that the alarm is top of the line and almost all car thieves won't be able to beat it. It's got satelite tracking too but you can never gaurantee that nothing will happen to it. If there wasn't a problem with the suspension I'd have been at the show in Douglas and it could've been me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 silver7

Whether the car was tagged and followed or whatever is all conjecture. The car and owner is well known in Mallow however, and has been parked there on a daily basis for 3 months without a hitch. The car was wired, and bits of the plastic around the steering column was broken and left on the ground. I really need help on this.. is there someone I could contact in Rosslare or similar areas where I might get some word out?

Also, could somebody _please_ link to this thread on cruiseirl.com (and similar sites). I have not been able to access my account to post on that site.

I own and 3rd gen RX-7 and although its alarmed, i still remove either / both the steering wheel and EGI fuse (plus other measures) if I'm leaving it parked outside for any length. Even at that, it probably would not be as sought after by criminals as the GTiR.

Many thanks once again.

Advertisement