Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FFVII PC on windows XP

Options
  • 19-01-2004 11:37am

Cant seem to get this going on XP. A quick google turned up a patch but it doesnt seem to do anything. Ive tried running it in compatibility mode but to no avail. Ne1 solve this puzzle for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

the pc versions of both ff7 and ff8 were riddled with bugs and both got about one patch in their lifetime. try and pick up an old copy of the psx version and play it using epsxe. the graphics will be much improved as you can run psx games at huge pc resolutions and the psx music is far superiour to the pc's midi soundtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

there is an XP patch for FF7 on the pc ...
    erm, unsure where to get it - think on www.download.com
    if cant find it - pm me and i'll upload it fer ya

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

sean: any idea if that works for Win2k as well? I have a copy of FF7 at home, the bugger doesn't like to work in anything except win98/95.

edit: http://animevamp.deep-ice.com/ff7.htm

that's where its from apparently, no mention of win2k.

Hmm yea thats the patch I got and still got no where :/. Have to find a mate with ff7 for psx now :/ how irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

hmm i tried it back in the good old days and i never got it working properly, graphics were all over the place, reviewers were saying it was awful conversion "triangle sticking out of squals head" lol.
    ps emulation ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

worked for me on Win2k + XP ...
    [think i put it in compatibility mode]

Im using radeon card, and worked ... go to FF7 config and mess around w/ setting there [some things have to be disabled there - disable all, and re-enable on-by-one to get to work?]

arent that many setting i can mess around with. I also have a radeon. did the patch work for u?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    the pc versions of both ff7 and ff8 were riddled with bugs and both got about one patch in their lifetime. try and pick up an old copy of the psx version and play it using epsxe. the graphics will be much improved as you can run psx games at huge pc resolutions and the psx music is far superiour to the pc's midi soundtrack.

Just downloaded epsxe, and ran FFVII..looks sooo much sdweeter..cant wait to see Tifas rack in hi res *L* .cheers Discostu :)

Advertisement