Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How loud is 32dB(A) for PSU?

• 19-01-2004 12:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

I am thinking to get a new power supply for my case.
    Q-TEC PSU 450W Dual Fan Gold PFC, It is 32 dB(A)

Does anyone know how loud this is?
    Or is this a good PSU?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

They are pretty loud, the PFC might make a diff, as you can turn down the fans. The PSU is cheap, so it might not get stable voltages at load. I personally haven't seen anyone who has problems with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,650 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

32 dB(A) is pretty loud, if you want a quiet pc, aim for the 20 dB(A) level

Also, I would stay well clear of QTEC unless it is for a basic / old PC. Search this forum for threads about PSU's, there have been several ones in the last week with links to reviews, etc

I would recommend the Zalman 400W or the almost identical Fortron. Both have a real power output of 450W, which is more than almost any 480W PSU. The last one can be had for about €75, which is excellent value for money, albeit probably a bit more than you intended to spend ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Originally posted by Giblet
    They are pretty loud, the PFC might make a diff, as you can turn down the fans. The PSU is cheap, so it might not get stable voltages at load. I personally haven't seen anyone who has problems with them.

i did have problems with them it would cut out half way through XP install they are no good full stop...

when will people learn that the psu is the most important component in a pc. if it's not stable you could be left with fried silicon for a pc and for the sake of 100 euros i think it's best to part with your hard earned cash and buy a decent power supply.

anything from Antec and Enermax are good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

32db would be like a quiet ish hoover on your desk.

Advertisement