Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shining Force game

Options
  • 19-01-2004 1:14pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,388 CMod ✭✭✭✭

From www.rpgamer.com :

Atlus USA announced earlier this week that Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon will be coming to North America. The game is a port of the 16-bit Sega Genesis title Shining Force, released some 11 years ago in Japan, 10 in North America.

The port is to receive the obvious graphical upgrade, due to the new platform, compliments of Amusement Vision. The game will feature all items indicated previously. This turn-based tactical RPG will be available in North America in June and in April for Europe.

Can't wait. Still haven't played the first Shining Force game. Looks like we are getting it before the Yanks as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Shining Force was well good. This graphical upgrade should be interesting as well as the new inclusions on this GBA port.

Speaking of Shining Force, anyone tried any of the Shining Soul games on the GBA?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

God I loved shining force!

Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

Cant wait for this, Shining force, I only played 2yrs ago for the first time - And I loved it, Very addictive and great gameplay... Cant wait!!!

GBA :/ Damn

Sole reason to go out and buy a GBA SP now tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

shining soul is in an abomination

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    shining soul is in an abomination

I'm with you there.

The original Shining Force was a class game and there was very little to touch it back then because there were so few strategic RPGs getting PAL conversions.

The main problem with it was the graphics were dire. So I'm glad to see they're adressing that. The story was pretty thin but maybe thats for the best, I always enjoyed replaying the game because you could get down to the action rather than trawling through the plot every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

ohmagawd ohmagawd ohmagawd ohmagawd ohmagawd ohmagawd ohmagawd ohmagawd ohmagawd ohmagawd ohmagawd ohmagawd ohmagawd ohmagawd

breath in breath out
    breath in breath out
    breath in breath out
    breath in breath out

FINALLY i never thought they'd make another one of these games! the shining force games rocked anyone know what platforms its going to be released on?

Advertisement