Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IR QW

Options
  • 09-04-2000 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭

Yes - we have a team.

A decent squad, 8 players.

Still could do with a couple more lpb's, or some good hpb's... email me if you don't have a clan.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Sign me up, I used to play for DK so I'm not a complete muppet.

Chaos will join too, wont ya john?

Oh and beast and jedi.

IR own U.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

ya sign me up 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

aye

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

chaos u dont say 2 much do u

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Not to take players away from ye or anything.....but...
    Why dont ye just make yer own team? If ye all join IR it wont really be an IR team anymore will it? Whats the point in being in a clan if you cant even make your own team eh illkillya?
    By all means welcome a few good players on board, some very good competition in this league already, but remember thats its for fun in the end of the day, and if you dont get to play in it whats the point in having your own clan?
    And before you come up with some snide remark steve, yes you will get to play smile.gif

Lads, i'm interested in either starting a clan or joining one?
    any offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

podgeen is a decent player lads , the best of the lan players here , hes just starting out on the web but he has a lot of potential

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Paladin... getting scared already? smile.gif
    you know IR are looking for players anyway. Very few of our q3 players i.e me and Wyverne even have Quake1, so we're going to have to find players from elsewhere anyway. And, you know of the "fabled" Rommel, he's my wildcard - nobody knows him smile.gif
    So now we have a team, mostly people who don't have any other clan. Don't think of us as IR...

Podgeen - We will harness and develop your potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

the dk-ers are taking over......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

GT will own the league smile.gif
    Nex

http://homepage.eircom.net/~clangt/

Illkillya
    email me and let me know whatz da story

podgeen@skynet.ie

if ye dont want me i'll try start me own clan...

ok - i've been thinking smile.gif I just read your post properly Paladin - your absolutely partly right. I'm not going to be playing much anyway - you've seen how hopeless i am at QW. I like playing it, but i will only allow myself to sub smile.gif Theres a few reasons why i decided to get a qw team together - GH wanted one - and i found a savage talent in Rommel (hopefully - please don't let your high ping killya) - and i only got a small taste of the q3 league, and it was delicious, so i want more... and q3 doesn't provide it enough - and I think IR can put forth a solid team that could give any of the established clans a good game.

it actually would make sense for PS to make a qw team - beast, chaos, el-pres and jedi. IR would value yer expertise and experience, but i think its a bit too much. We got a couple more players over the past two days, and while i know the squad would be strengthended by some more players of your calibre, i think the our squad would be too good... not saying that we'd be sure to win it or anything.. smile.gif
    but anyway, please correct me if it sounds insane, because i don't know much about Irish QW, clans and stuff... ideally, each clan should have 4 good players, 2 lpb, yes? So Chaos, El_pres and Jedi in the squad would mean that some decent players would not get to compete in the league, and that would be a shame...

anecdote: Once upon a time there was a clan called IR and when a guy called greenhell said "lets start a qw team" a load of people went "LOL" - Who's Lolling now?!!!? So with the CA server coming back (?) i assume there will be a league starting soon. Before the league starts, a friendly would go down well to see what we're up against. If the PS crowd decide not to get a team together - We'd kill for 1 good lpb and 1 good hpb....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

'played etc etc...

lol no:]
    i mean if your stuck ill play, dunno if the rest are still playing

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭The Anarchist

Ehhhhh The Grass is green the sky is black dohhhhhh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Well, I used to play loads of QW but these days I only play it the odd time for a laff. Its still an excellent game but I really dont see myself taking it all that seriously.

Still, if im on IRC some night and your stuck for a player, gimme a shout and I'll be more then happy to play with yis.

Also, you should come into #PS some night and talk to chaos or myself about teamplay proxies etc. if you dont already know about them.

[IR]El_pres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Well said Illkillya

But if your stuck any night for players i am more than willing to put the [IR] logo in front of my name.

Jedi

lads ye may as well start another clan
    4 the comp.
    the more clans the better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Exactly.

• Advertisement

Thanks PS people, i'll be in for some advice. if you do decide to get a team together, give IR the first friendly smile.gif

good stuff Gerry - except i don't know your email... hehe, illtalktoya on IRC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Clamor

Traitor Jedi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

I just read Paladin's post above. I'll get to play??? Damn, was looking forward to bi**hing about it for a couple of days cool.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

I would play qw also. It has been shamefully neglected of late. If you need another player email me

illkillya,
    looks like the other two will play
    i'll let ya know 4 defniate tomorrow...

Advertisement