Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod & .mp3s &.wmfs

Options
  • 19-01-2004 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

Morning all,

Am very happy with my lovely new iPod, except that Mediaplayer 9 can only rip .wmf (or whatever it is), whereas the Pod prefers mp3s. Okay, I know i could just rip all the CDs again using a different prog, but is there an simple (and free/cheap!) prog that can do this conversion for me, that anyone can recommend? MPlayer can rip mp3's, but only at 56 rate out of the box.

Thanks guys :)

AG.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

For a free easy Mp3 ripping program CDex should do, for the conversion.....dont know and personally I suggest againts it because the quality of the song will be bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

cd ex is perfect great quality and the such.

also there is Exact Audio Copy or iTunes that can rip to mp3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

CDex for ease of use I'd say.

Use the LAME MP3 encoder with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Originally posted by daveirl
    em? Why don't you just use iTunes?
    Sorry, I didn't make myself fully clear :)

I've a huge number of CDs already ripped onto my PC, however this was done pre iPod. Rather than go through the process of ripping them all again with iTunes, I was wondering if it is possible to convert .wma to.mp3, and hence save the duplication.

Cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement