Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NT4 Ras server

Options
  • 19-01-2004 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

One is dialing in from abroad thru to RAS server with callback on..

can check email but can't browse the internet...

user is using 2000/xp

any help much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭ando

how does the lan connect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

wireless broadband access

• Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭ando

ok, so your getting as far as the server, no further? I suspect the Ras server is also the email server. Can your dial in user ping any workstations? I also suspect your using a router for internet. I think there is an option as far as I remember in Tcp/Ip to allow Tcp to be forwarded past the dial in server. Once enabled, your dial in user should be able to ping workstations and router on lan. Then set DG to be router

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

Is the user getting a valid IP address for the network?

If they can connect to the RAS server, and not the rest of the network, seems like a DHCP/IP issue.

Have you configured your DHCP server correctly with an IP address range reserved for RAS clients?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

check in Network
    - services
    - - remote access service
    - - - network
    - - - - configure - choose either "entire network" or "this computer only"

All the usual IP stuff applies (don't mix other protocols like NetBEUI ) sometimes having the RAS service assign IP's using a static pool works better.

Note: if you have setup RRAS routing and remote access service - lots of different options :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

got it,

under tcp/ip properties

theres a tab for routing

enable ip forwarding, i think its on by default which is a security issue..

so only needs to be turned on for RAS in this instance

Advertisement