Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peewee might find this interesting...

Options
  • 10-04-2000 8:32pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We were discussing really abusive posters and how is easy to close down and delete their posts with the minimum of effort on our part.

I decided to count the number of clicks it would take... so here goes from when I read a post by some obvious alias/muppet abusive poster...

1. Double click offending name.

2. Right-Mouse-Click. Click on copy.

2. Click short cut button on IE browser (optionally may have to click IE shortcut if I'm in Netscape, unlikely.)

3. Right-Mouse-Click in textbox and click on paste.

4. Optionally click on Delete User Account.

5. Optionally click on Ban Ip.

6. Click Submit

Everything they have posted on any board is deleted. Theire account is deleted, and their IP is banned (if its static we do this).

Thats a *maximum* of 12 click with one hand and no typing. Thats how much bother you are to us.... smile.gif))

Just a thought, but I dunno it just makes me giggle when I think about how much they think they are causing us trouble smile.gif

12 clicks.

DeV.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

DeVore's 12 Click Program to Ridding the Boards of Rubbish smile.gif

It'll sell millions to dumb-ass' - they seem to like these things tongue.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~davitt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

/me apologises profusely to Devore for any amount of probs and such caused by the muppet Wyverne,

It was my half brother all the time i swear, i never said anything

/me cowers in da corner

/me places the first internet order for

"12 steps to an easier stress free life"
    By Tom Devore

smile.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Wyv, sorry, you are a world away from this sort of abuse. Ok, your stuff is close to the wire but I *like* that kinda thing. If someone somewhere isnt up in arms about what someone writes then its rarely worth reading.

The people I'm refering to are just the cyber equivalent of knackers acting out vandalism because of low IQ.

Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Lan_Man

Glad to see that you admited to being a muppet Wyverne.

rolleyes.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭m1RV

DeV - any chance of testing if this 12 click program works or not?
    I nominate LAN_MAN to be our first test victi.... I mean guniea pi... I mean experieme.. smile.gif

<< Arf Arf >>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by OSiriS:
    I think Wyverne is just being careful incase he looses his 450 posts wink.gif

I wonder how many of those points are Buffy related?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

i would have to say all of them, and they where all good smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I think Wyverne is just being careful incase he looses his 450 posts wink.gif

===>My New Site<===

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

shot wink.gif

plyd
    gg
    and all the rest smile.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~davitt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

"12 clicks and your hitchin a riiiide hichen a ride"

Like the penalty points ad on tv for bad drivers. i know loads of ppl wont have a clue what im talking about but thats nothing new for me. smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Hmmm.

[This message has been edited by Jaden (edited 13-04-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Just another sad, anally retentive, attention seeking Troll.

Nas and Lan_Man here could learn alot from Vorosha. He may be a muppet, but at least he's a muppet who can turn a decent phrase. And he has lovely high cheek bones.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

My Heart goes Boom!

Horse blah asdf

hehe, just checking if I was banned or not
    smile.gif)

Advertisement