Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake3 League Final this Saturday

Options
  • 10-04-2000 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

The Semis are now complete and the 2 remaining teams to fight out for the coveted prize of 400 pounds are PS and 7.

Both teams have come to an agreement to play the final this comming Saturday on Net with no LPB restrictions. the maps will be the same as the semi finals. Dm6, DM7, Dm14.

Can PS defeat 7 or a 3rd successive time of can 7 come up with some master plan to stop them. Both team are looking forward to the game and I can guarentee one hell of a **** up after no matter what the out come of the game. Prize money will be given to winning clan leader after game or posted if not in UL.

So what are your predictions on the final and who will be crowned First Quake3 League Champs of Ireland?

So GL to both PS and Se7en.

Tom (Jedi)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

I predict Se7en to lay the smack down on the day when it counts. They have been only playing with us and have some whoooorreeee of a plan. Wait till ya see.

That Eric fella is a sneaky little fupper.\

Jedi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Earlyer on i got to interview ser and heres what he had to say!
    http://www.clanlink.com/ps/videos/easy.mpg
    http://www.clanlink.com/ps/videos/daddy.mpg

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

[This message has been edited by Chaos (edited 10-04-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

LOL ?

man, dont beleave you posted that smile.gif

The [sk] lads laughed when they saw it too smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Predator

ahh tom not to worry
    i remember in the very first iqcl (qw)
    abat played inc , sure enough they had a sneaky plan 3 lpbs playing from telecom eireinn office i belivev it was under 30 ping the 3 of em , but we still bet them smile.gif
    lol gg plyd
    G

Daddy or chips?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

If Nicholas Condon plays I predict that PS shall open an extra large can of whoop ass on Se7en.

History seems to be on their side, but I suppose if anyone can fcuk it up then Nicholas can biggrin.giftongue.gifbiggrin.giftongue.gif

Let the baaat'ns commence!

(Nice one Chris)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Don't forget to record yer demos lads!

Lucutus of Borg

We'll try and record it form everyone POV smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭H-K

can u say NERD ? tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Can you say "Andy's about to be £100 richer", H-K?

And as a scrounging student, that should come in VERY handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Talk is cheap lads. See you at the weekend.

Zero.

"Is this some white Kunntz joke that black Kunntz don't get ?? Coz I'm not ****ING laughing, ni-KOLAS!"

Yes, you will.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

oooooooooh, Andy's gettin' all fired up for this isn't he?
    wink.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~davitt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

just a question ... shouldn't that be sunday?

===>My New Site<===

No Osy we agreed to have it on Saturday so that we can all go out for a few pints after the games. People have to work Monday. I think you will agree this is the best option. Eric agreed at the LAN.

See yah then ok.

GL

Tom (Jedi)

[This message has been edited by Jedi (edited 11-04-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭m1RV

I am proud to be the poster who lights the "flame" on this topic smile.gif

<< Arf Arf >>

Kharn,

Andy = Broke frown.gif

Andy will pratice his ass off all week.

No, I'm afraid you won't.
    I've made plan for the weekend which I have no intention of changing

===>My New Site<===

?

oh well, we'll have to cancel it all then. smile.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)

• Advertisement

Sorry Osy it took too long to agree on a date for this game. It goes ahead on saturday as pre-planned. The final only takes up 1.30mins of your weekend. I can't reschedule again mate sorry. Need to get this league Finished. If you can't make it, work something out with Eric and the lads. But 1.30 mins of your weekend when you up in UL is nothing. Hope you can sort it out mate. But just to let you know that the game will go ahead if your there or not. Sorry about the timeing but there always someone it doesn't suit. Such i life. Best of luck.

Tom (Jedi)

[This message has been edited by Jedi (edited 12-04-2000).]

No Tom, The games would take up 1 and a half hours IF I was in UL, but seeing as I will be in Dublin for the weekend. Anyway, good luck to both se7en and PS, and try to keep in mind that there is such a thing as being good winners as well as good loosers.

===>My New Site<===

Sorry about that phil. Do your best to sort something with the lads. But before anyone asks me about rescheduling again forget it. If you can't make the game seven will sadly miss your talent. So gl,

Tom

Quote : But just to let you know that the game will go ahead if your there or not.

Isnt it great the way that the captain of one of the finalist teams can dictate the terms of the final, seeing as he is also running the league?

Zero.

Sorry, I forgot the token smiley.

There ----> smile.gif

As an independant, I can say this without anyone saying "Well, you're on his team - you would say that"
    Besides, I'm mates with players from both sides, so don't say I'm biased smile.gif

Ronan: I don't think that Tom was saying it in a "HAAHAA - You can't play and I'm the boss so there" kind of way.
    After meeting him for the first time at the LAN this weekend, I could see the lad was stressed about getting the final over and done with. I'd hardly call this dictating the terms. He did allow the rule change to play without LPB restrictions.
    A simple mix-up that Osi was unaware the final was on and can't play - a loss for 7 and no doubt disappoint for Phil. But, unfortunatley, these things do happen...

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

so homo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Well if we went by the original rules it would have been this weekend 2 lpb 2 hpb. But the lpb limit was removed cause of you guys. Then u wanna move the game date cause it doesnt suit? when would u like to play so?
    What maps suit you too ?

You should try play in foreighn leagues where the rules dont get changed because of whining teams.

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I'm not even gona make a comment on choosing maps! Don't be a spa Chaos.

Jimmy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Ahhh,

Just read your posts Jedi. Just to point out a fact - I agreed to play the weekend coming. I did NOT agree on a day. I told you i would check.

I also TOLD you that I would have to check the availability of the team and I would get back to you. I was at the lan all weekend and you never told me or suggested once that you were sending ALL your team to UL. You said 'hey, we can go down to ul and play it on a lan if you like'

It appears that the ONLY reason as to why you agreed to the no LPB restrictions is because you will all be down there and it suits you. Once again, you change things to suit yourself.

So heres what were gonna do. Were gonna play by YOUR rules. 2 LPB/2 HPB's. Were gonna play it on Sunday like ALL previously played matches. If you change this in any fashion you can forget it and play all by yourselves.

In principle Id rather give a walkover now then have to put up with any more sh1te and listen to any more bull. Im sick and tired of this. btw. Dont get me started.

Sunday, 3pm, 2hpbs/2lpbs. Like it or not thats the rules YOU placed down. You own your own words.

[This message has been edited by MindPhuck (edited 12-04-2000).]

Advertisement