Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake3 League Final this Saturday

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

I was at the lan all weekend and you never told me or suggested once that you were sending ALL your team to UL.

Why would he?

It appears that the ONLY reason as to why you agreed to the no LPB restrictions is because
    you are all down there and it suits you. Once again, you change things to suit yourself.

None of us are in ul
    i thouhgt it was lifted because you were gonna pull out if it wasnt, so it was lifted to suit you

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Predator

Hmmm
    what to say, but , dont the admins have the final say.
    Also why is it that the finals have been put off repeateadly due to seven u complained about the lpb/hpb restriction ,and now again at the final moment because one of there players wont be there. Why is it that u think ye deserve special rules and must have it played yer way or no way.
    it reminds me of that day were ye wouldnt postpone for us we had to play id say if the situations were reversed ud have been demanding a postponement or shouting down the phone to tom.Talk about hypocracy.
    Tom any hassles or unforeseen acidents etc you know dk will step up and take ye on in the finals.
    G

Daddy or chips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Hmmmmm,

Same old story. Alway some problem. Well lads I have broke my bollock over the last 2 weeks trying to gather you guys to play the Final. Well this is where is all stops.

The Final was due to be played according to the rules with the 2hpb, 2lpb league rules. All other clans accepted this and played like the true sports men they are. The only clan wanting to mould the league around themselves is Seven. Lads here are some of your own quotes more or less demanding the game to be payed on lan or wihout restrictions.

Was talkin to a few lads about the Q3L Finals.
    Jedi has decided to have them over the net, which is his call, as he is running the league.
    I just want to know what people think. Personally, I think we should play the Finals on a LAN. The main reason being that granted, its generally better to play games in a league over the net, as people cant constantly meet up. But now its down to the last four teams, its to see which team is the best at the moment, and to keep it all on a level ground, we should play it on a lan. Look at H, for example, a team of excellent players, who dial in from bleedin Waterford on a collossal ping, and its a credit to them that they got this far.
    The LPB/HPB rule is fine for during a big league and all that, but when its down to the crunch, with 4 teams left, I think it should be on a LAN. Like I said, its about which team is the best, not who has the faster modem, or who is sitting on a T1, especially when there is a few quid riding on it all. That's my opinion anyhoo, let me know what ppl think."

Zero.

So Zero seems to be very adminant the game is on LAN or LPB restriction lifted.

well if the finals ARENT on a lan, maybe the restrictions could be lifted on LPBs. Like I already said, when it comes down to the top four, there shouldnt be crippled teams in there. I'm not just spouting from a se7en point of view"

Zero.

And again he votes for lan.

I think it should definietly be hosted at a LAN, it is the only totally fair way of seeing which clan is the best !!!"

Slaanesh

Also slaan seems happy to play it on lan or lpb.

Excellent news and its nice to finally see a thread with some thought behind it.
    But I think in honesty, we should drop the hpb/lpb restrictions even for the semis. Hurling dont stand a chance with the naf connections from waterford.
    I think the whole idea of this thread is for fairness and 'in fairness' H dont stand a chance with their connections. I believe that it would be better for everyone if this was possible.
    Wacha reckon?"

Mindphuck

"Lets be factfull then instead of preconceived ideas. For the whole League Se7en has been crippled because we have to field HPBs which are not our top four players."

Mindphuck

Eric more or less demanded it be played lpb. Even saying on irc that he would pull his team out if not.

Well lads, you have broken my ****ing heart over the last number of weeks with all your bull ****. I have even stoped the PS lads from playing on the net to get ready for the Seven rules Final. Well lads our preparations are done. Your the one comming up with all the excuses. I'm afraid I can't take anymore stalling. The game will go ahead this weekend and it will be the way you requested it. No LPB restrictions.

Thats my final word on the subject.

The one thing I will do for you is I will change the game to sunday if saturday does not suit. But nothing else.

rgds,

Tom (Jedi)

[This message has been edited by Jedi (edited 13-04-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz
    more muppetry. you guys would argue over the colour of sh1t if yis got the chance.....
    gg
    pld
    etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Predator

Its brown damnit.

Daddy or chips?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Lan_Man

I don't know what colour it is...but the number of ****e is se7en

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

Lan_Man, do u just want to **** people off? is that it? u get up in the morning and think ohh lets go and post some abusive messages anoyomously to the quake boards
    cause i'm a muppet
    get a life will ya...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Here's an interesting coincidence (or is it?) :

"SE7EN R SH1TE, M8!"

seven(7) plus(+) ****e(1) is equal(=) to mate(8)

So either way they're still mates.

However :

"PS R SH1TE, M8!"

ps(0) plus(+) ****e(1) is less than(< ) mate(8)

Now PS are definately mates so does this prove the whole therom false?

Now:

"IF PS AND SE7EN ARE BOTH M8S, WHY R THEY FIGHTING? TO SOLVE THIS FIND x!"

X(?) is equal(=) to Quake(3)

mates(8) minus(-) seven(7) equals ****e(1)

So lets all stay friends.

quake(3) minus(-) seven(7) plus(+) mates(8) minus(-) ps(0) equals(=) fore(4)

"TAKE QUAKE3, THEN TAKE AWAY SEVEN AND ALL YOUR MATES, TAKE AWAY PS AND GUESS WHAT..."

eeeh... look what you're doing to me lads...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

gg

hahah

Yes Podgeen you muppet

• Advertisement

Gimps to Frag,
    Gimps to Slag

That's my motto

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

are you agreeing we me then?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

If it makes Lan_mans sad little world a happier place to slag off people then so be it.

Go in peace.

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

My intellectual thought for the day is that Gayos is a transvestite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

TAke you long to think of that?

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

OMG shut up ! and just get on with the game kick the $hite out of each other what ever this is exactly like the muppetry that went on in Quake 1 too. As another fellow gamer said (no names for legal reasons) "it's like a diffrent game with the same players."

JUST $HUT UP N PLAY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

No, your wrong, its BROWN!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Gah, That just takes all the fun out of it. But you have to admit, a knacker scobe calling someone else a transvestite is a bit amusing.

We all know that Zero fancies young boys. He admited it to me one night, I swear.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

are you a young boy jaden?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

But you have to admit, a knacker scobe calling someone else a transvestite is a bit amusing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Better a knacker scobe than a Mullet.

Zero.

See Jaden's Hairstyle --> http://www.mulletheads.com

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

or the classic www.mulletsgalore.com

Advertisement