Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA - Command and Conquer Tiberian Twilight

Options
  • 19-01-2004 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

CnC Tiberian Twilight the sequel to CnC Tiberian Sun
    It has not officaly been enounced but it will most likley be anounced at some stage this year.

How would you all Feal about this?
    The impure EA games working on a Tiberian game?

Generals/Zero Hour where both great games very enjoyable and playable I was pleased with them but if EA games makes a Tiberian twilight I am not sure if they would make a good game.

If given the choice would all of you CnC gamers choose for WW or EA to make Tiberian Twilight.
    (I know WW cant make it since they dont exist anymore but its a hypethical question)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Even tho EA have done a less that perfect job with Generals they did add to the game and change it (dozers, generals points and such).

I would be slightly worried that they'd **** it up but id still love it if another one of these games was made. CnC freak here :)

Tiberian Sun was unarguably (imo) the best cnc of the lot (possibly cos i it was 1st ever game i played online) and would love to see another one made.

Just hope they stick in a decent storyline like cnc used to have :)

If i had the choice i would choose Westwood the whole way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I completly agree. Tiberian Sun was the beast of the CnC games.
    One huge point on a new game would be if they would use actors instead of CG

What makes CnC is the brilent storyline. I am not up to date but when EA took over WW did Joe Kucan (Kane) Stay with EA or did he move Job?. They would need him back for Kane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

What happened to the Westwood staff? Did they get jobs in EA's internal development teams or did they go off and form another company like the Medal of Honor guys?

TBH I think the RTS genre would be better off without the C&C and Craft series. The gameplay mechanics are pretty similar to what they were 12 years ago. The likes of Medieval, Total Annihilation and Z: Steel Soldiers all brought fresh ideas to the table but the old heavyweights didn't bother to push any boundaries.

A few of the WW staff formed something called ... well i dont know what its called but there now working on Counter Strike condition Zero

I am surprised to hear you say that about CnC i believe it to be the greatest of all stratagy games

im surprised too, i think cnc is still the best RTS game available.
    It hasnt changed much but im not sure how much it can change. They have added things to it and subtracted (good and bad). They done up the graphics. Dunno what more you want from a RTS :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

CnC is a damn good run of RTS games for the pc...

Command and Conquer 1 was by far the best for me (awesome music and awesome gameplay)

I also loved Red Alert 1...From then on it went downhill

RA2 was OK, Tiberium Sun was OK (Overhyped :( I was expecting much more)

C&C Generals was Good, Zero Hour was great...

Id say this one will be great - EA Games know what they are doing these days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Tiberian Twilight has been a westwood fanboy rumour for at least a year at this stage; I think someone's reading too much into wishful thinking and chinese whispers. Show me a URL where somebody in the know is saying it's on the cards, and I'll believe you. But otherwise, ignore the "rumours"

Yes it is a roumer but there have been hints droped
    There was confermation about 9 months back of WW registering 3 or 4 deomain names relatiing to TT (Tiberian Twilight)

Also at one stage devinoch (is that how you spell it) the WW head of the Renegade he mentioned a post 1 night about a year ago saying he cant say anything about TT but then he droped a hint or something i cant realy remember.

I had a copy of his post but my old harddrive got wiped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Registering misleading domain names is common practise to decieve people - look at Rockstar registering four separate domain names for the next GTA game; domain names mean nothing - Tiberian twilight has been registered since about the time of ra2.

I know the guy from westwood you're talking about, but I think he left the company when they were folded into EA Pacific. I'd imagine a lot of projects got canned when they became part of EA.
    As I said, don't hold your breath; I put more faith in Duke Nukem appearing than another tiberian game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

'Tiberian Twilight' has been a rumour since TS was released. 1999 folks. With the demise of WW that's most likely all it's going to be. It would be sweet if it was in the works, but I ain't holding my breath.

• Advertisement

Well its clear that at some stage Duke nukem 4ever will be released because it has been anounced and worked on for years so u cant realy compare that to a game that hasent been anounced yet.

Your probbley right that TT got canned when EA took over but we live in hope

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by BluE-WinG
    Id say this one will be great - EA Games know what they are doing these days...

Some one please move this to the humour board! (Rising Sun!)

If WW had of made Generals it would have been better. As far as i know some WW staff did work on it but it wasent a total WW project

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    im surprised too, i think cnc is still the best RTS game available.
    It hasnt changed much but im not sure how much it can change. They have added things to it and subtracted (good and bad). They done up the graphics. Dunno what more you want from a RTS :)

Dev houses other than Westwood and Blizzard have done lots of interesting things to progress the genre. Hell, even the likes of Herzog Zwei which came out before Dune 2 really demonstrate the possibilities for a more action packed game with less emphasis on tedious micro management.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I'd like to see another Total Annihilation game.

Originally posted by SyxPak
    I'd like to see another Total Annihilation game.

I hear you. I still run a couple of sites for that game (although both are beginning to gather dust).

http://ubercrack.tauniverse.com
    http://blitz.tauniverse.com

The sequel is unlikely to get made. Even if it does Infogrames/Atari would arse it up royally.

The original designer, Chris Taylor, and many of the ex-Cavedog staff at Gas Powered Games are working on an RTS though. That's definately my most anticipated PC title after Half Life 2.

As far as i know there where plans to make a 2nd TA game (no not kingdoms)

About 6 months ago it was in some PC mag but it wasent being made by the same croud that made the first TA so there was little public interest and ive heard nothing since

Dev houses other than Westwood and Blizzard have done lots of interesting things to progress the genre. Hell, even the likes of Herzog Zwei which came out before Dune 2 really demonstrate the possibilities for a more action packed game with less emphasis on tedious micro management.

Ah yer im well aware that a lot of programmers have added to the genre but i still think cnc is the best. (also dont think there is too much mircomanagement)

Civ :)

Originally posted by User45701
    As far as i know there where plans to make a 2nd TA game (no not kingdoms)

About 6 months ago it was in some PC mag but it wasent being made by the same croud that made the first TA so there was little public interest and ive heard nothing since

Phantagram, a Korean developer, talked about making it but they ran into financial difficulties.

Civ is turn based Syxpak. :)

• Advertisement

Also a bunch of former WW emplyee`s who did set up there own company have mow been given the task of making Counter Strike Zero Hour

Originally posted by BLITZ_Molloy
    Civ is turn based Syxpak. :)

So is life.

Advertisement