Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My eternal computer hell......(win 2000 problem)

Options
  • 19-01-2004 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

I am using a utv "ZyXEL Prestige 630 usb adsl modem" on windows 2000,my problem is it says that i have a local area connection and thats its my usb modem,heres the thing tho i don't have a lan card on the pc.I tried to delete the local area connection but delete is shaded meaning i cannot.In device manager the modem is under network adaptors.I tried reinstalling the drivers/modem but to no avail,any idea what i can do ? it worked fine under win me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Seems perfectly normal to me.
    Is it not connecting or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭oneweb

Why bother? That's just the way the modem works on Windows 2000. If it ain't broke...

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Do NOT delete that stuff that is the PPPoE client software making all those network connections, you need them to talk with the modem - that stuff is not bad it's good!!!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

Sorry my bad,my exucse ? i'm tired as hell

I have no lan card on the pc

It works fine until someone rings in or out of the house and it then disconnects,It says its in rfc1483 mode whatever that means

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

Did you install the filters that cane with the modem?

You shouls have received some filers to attach between the modem and the phone socket (assuning you're using the IOL BB package...)

• Advertisement

I'm with utv and i got them anyhow and yes they are in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

are they on every phone socket in the house......

thanks joePC

Originally posted by joePC
    are they on every phone socket in the house......

thanks joePC

yes

How old is/are the phone/s?

It is what it's.

Do you mean the phones or the actual lines ? either way

10 years-phonelines
    3 years-phone

• Advertisement

If they're only 3 yrs old, they shouldn't - but sometimes they can drain too much current from the phoneline. How many phones have you got connected the line?

It is what it's.

Just the one but it is a portable phone

Advertisement