Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good mechanic / garage required!

Options
  • 19-01-2004 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

Hi, had a bit of a crash on Saturday. Anyway, the front of the car, was damaged, and needs new lights, front bumper, radiator and bits. I got a quote of over 3000 Euro from one garage which are a Suzuki dealer, which is the car that I am driving. I didn't realise that dealers were so expensive. Anyway, I am looking for some good garages that might be able to do it cheaper. Anyone got some good stories of decent mechanics. I don't have fully comp insurance, so i will paying myself.

Also, another thing I was told that I should get the AA to tow it to another garage, do they do that? I am a member and got them to tow it for me on Saturday after the crash.

All help appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

where abouts in the country are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭robo

Sorry meant to say that I am in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What year and model is your car? Authorised dealers make a hefty profit from parts, if your model has been around for a number of years then you may do well to check out some of the main breakers in the Dublin area.
    That could save a fortune, if you have the parts any garage can fit them, your local grease monkey is half the cost of a spec-ed up main dealer mechanic.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭robo

It's a 1999, Suzuki Swift GLX. I have seen a good few around.

If the AA won't tow a car from one garage to another, does anyone have names or numbers of people who would, for a small fee. It would be from one garage to another, about a 20 minute drive maximum!

Any help here appreciated!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Easygainer

Hmmm I'm living in Shankill and probably the best garage I've come across for repairs/spraying is Crimmins Garage out in Enniskerry. It's the yellow garage as you come into the village from the dual carriageway. I got a bracket put onto my bumber (well front bodykit) and some new headlights put in for E25. Including parts. They quoted my mom E300 for a respray and buffing of a sizeable abound of the back end of the car - both of which seem very reasonable to me. They're in the phone book so if you ring and ask for Dave he'll give you a quote.

• Advertisement
Advertisement