Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Use Grows to 69 Percent of US Adults

Options
  • 19-01-2004 7:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Internet Use Grows to 69 Percent of US Adults
    Posted by CmdrTaco on Monday January 19, @12:04PM
    from the can-i-count-3-times dept.
    NickABusey writes "According to Harris Interactive, more than two-thirds, or 69 percent of American adults were internet users last year. This is up from only 56 percent in 1999 and a measley 9 percent in 1995. Perhaps more noteworthy is the increase in users with high-speed Internet connections. In 2001 is was 22 percent, now it is up to 37 percent."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Scottish

Another depressing development - I was in Sri Lanka recently, and they have 2mbit DSL available to home users for much less than they charge for 512k here.

Sri Lanka is one of the poorest countries I think I have ever visited. How has it come to this, that a 3rd world country has higher internet speeds available to its businesses and homes? Admittedly, only a small percentage of the country could afford or avail of this, but its the same here I think.

At this stage everyone who reads the boards knows how bad the situation is, but this just depresses/exasperates me even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

I know it is depressing. I have one year left at college and after that Im outta here. There is no way im living in a country that I will miss the 21st century in.

Advertisement