Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friendly Fox

• 19-01-2004 7:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭

Have been feeding a fox who visits my garden most nights, often from my hand , amazing really, walks alongside me around my garden, She does not allow me to touch and I let her dictate the pace, this visitor has been here since mid summer, looking for advice on what "not to feed her"
    Check pic here on our club's website
    http://www.qsl.net/ei5fk/astronomy.html

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

thank you for posting your story here, I must say I am sorry to hear about this situation though. It is wrong on so many levels to feed this animal and to befriend it, teaching wild animals to trust humans is so dangerous for them.
    I am afraid the damage is already done in this case, we dont want these animals to become dependent on us feeding them, they should not be given anything they cant find themselves in thier natural habitat, and my goodness certainly not people food.

I understand that we can become attached to animals and feel that it is special when a wild animal befreinds us but in the end it is only going to get that animal into trouble, they are not meant to be pets and someone will either come across it and its trusting nature and take it in or shoot it because it came to close to them and they were afraid.
    Understand?

He is adorable though, and I am sorry I cant be more positive about it but I am looking out for the best interest of the Fox, us Human's are the one's who dont know any better, not them. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement