Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LAN or Internet ??

Options
  • 14-04-2000 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Yes, I'm here to stir the sh1te again.

Just to clarify tomorrow's game :

It's being played on the Net, with no LPB restrictions. OK, that much I know.
    Just that small little detail PS all being together and being able to talk to each other on the bottom floor of Sonic's gaff that I have a little question mark about, LAN vs Net players....?
    We suit ourselves? All we had asked for was even terms for the semis and finals. Ye wouldnt play us on a LAN, but now ye are on a LAN while we play net? You can be sure that if GAYos couldnt play at 7 on Saturday rather than Osi, the game would have been readily switched to Sunday. Je$u$ I must get MP to admin the next league so we can choose what levels we want and when we want to turn off Teamplay kills so we can get loads of BFG frags (Week 5, PS vs KCD). Great Fun. Next league we want a non player adminning, someone like Dev. This whole league thing is starting to p1ss me off. MP is refusing to play because of the fukking around, so we are now down 2 of our best players. Not that we aren't going to play you, we are. Ye can have your 400 quid, I hope the Guinness ye buy with it chokes ye.

You can say it's just a game, which it is, but 400 quid bends it all.

See you tomorrow night, 7pm.

[This message has been edited by Zero (edited 14-04-2000).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

If you want to talk to each then fire up Battlecom and chat to yer heart's content. Stop fu<king moaning. You'll run off with any boring whinging twat prize, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Hey Muppet, I think I hear Shinji calling you to come back to the bath for your nightly game of "Spot the Submarine".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I thought you'd be back in fast enough, you tedious individual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Slags a plenty flying there.....I'd get involved but im better than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭m1RV

Pld, Castor Troy.
    5373NZ3R0 is indeed a p3n15.

Btw, now you know how DK felt when playing Se7en in the semis tongue.gif

<< Arf Arf >>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I vote for a skip. Yiz all get into a nice empty skip (no arguing about the location, colour, shape, size or make of skip btw) and whichever clan gets out alive wins.

Lan, internet or SKIP!

:P

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

dunno if it's just me but i have to say i think ur all taking this waaaaaaaaaay to seriously.
    it IS just a game.
    play it for FUN dudes.

clanludo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

If you open your eyes Zero you will see that we said we will accomodate you on sunday afternoon if you want.

ps-jedi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

yesh, the money thing was a bad idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

the money aint a bad idea cause it makes things that more compeditive gets peopel interested and more professional then idf there is no prize.

But the problem is when you get muppets that act like 10 year olds (Zero) who want to buy 10000 1p jellys when they get the money or get all there pokemon game cards collection finished cause there missing Pickachu.

GROW UP FFS YOUR MEN NOT BOYS!

P.S. i like the Skip idea maybe even rent out a small flat so there would be diffrent rooms and objects. But then they would argue over if your alowwed upstairs or not.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Even fewer people are going to like me after this...

Zero writes:
    Just that small little detail PS all being together and being able to talk to each other on the bottom floor of Sonic's gaff that I have a little question mark about, LAN vs Net players....?

Mp's team can hardly complain about their opposition organising to get better pings and be physically close after his trip to Tinet for the IQCL smile.gifsmile.gif

However arbitrarily changing the rules (even in good faith or to suit as many people as possible) is not a good idea tho.
    Next league we want a non player adminning, someone like Dev.

Not a chance. I have never admined a league and if I were going to I dont think I want the headache and unending b|tching I would heap upon myself as a result of running the Q3 league. The_RZA's head would explode and the only good that would come out of it would be the impressions and users of Boards.ie soaring as DF create accounts to abuse me under. I'll let that cup pass thanks all the same...

Without prejudice to JEDI, I think the league should be admined by a non-player. I dont for one moment think Jedi has orchastrated things knowingly unfairly but the circumstantial evidence looks bad.

The money arriving in the middle of the league (as it became clear PS were likely to walk it) leaves a bad taste.
    The fact that it was winner-takes-all *IS* scandalous, but thats Jedi's decisions. I just think it was a poor one.
    IMHO (which is all this is as I'm not even participating) there should never have been money involved, or it should have been made clear from the start. It should at least have been spread out as far as a 3rd and 4th places.

If this scenes starts to get nasty, unfriendly and competitive because of the introduction of money then I for one will lose interest.

I think the final has been handled badly and Jedi should have been more sensitive to the unique and abusable position he held. It might have been better to step down for the finals. Its a pity as Jedi has worked his rocks off for the league and I dont take that away from him, I just am disappointed that everyone is finishing the league on a fizzle rather then a bang.

Just my 2cents.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

I think that one thing you should remember is that it was Se7en who insisted on the removal of the lpb restriction.

What did you expect lads, for us to let you have a 2 lpb advantage? Not likely.

The only way we thought we could get pings on the same level as se7en was to come down to UL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

in defense of Jedi,

i think this is the first league hes ran, and yes a few mistakes have been made, as you'd expect. he tried to please everyone, and of course thats impossible, better just to run it as a dictator.

not in defense of Jedi,

as for the money, i don't understand why this suddenly appeared, or where it came from, or, from what i've read, the 400 would be split between the 4 members of the winning team, not the entire clan. like, i'm sure PS have used more than 4 players during the season. the money part sucks, its basicaly ruined it. if there was "sponsership", it would have been better to use it to buy more ram for the servers or summit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

the money part doesnt suck, but it should have been made clear at the start of the league there was money involved, clans would have taken the games a bit more seriously then

prizes are deadly, theyre the reason the CPL is so big , even though the cpl made some ****ups like making people duel on one random map (between tourney2, tourney4, dm6, and dm13) and basing the result on this

like q3dm6 and q3dm13 arent even "tourney" maps, if you attempt to start a "tournament" server in q3 it doesnt even let you pick those maps through the menu, take the ****ing hint and dont play those maps in a duel, at least in any proper tournaments anyway

[This message has been edited by Koopa (edited 16-04-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Sean was given his fair share of the winnings.

In fairness to Tom, he put £60 down last night to buy the [7] lads drink.

We all had a good laugh about the whole damn thing last night and we should just leave it at that.

Now then, I have a hangover that needs nursing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭earthworm_jim

Lads,

Just to clarify on the money - I know the inside track on this..

There was no money at the start of the league. Tom gave up every weekend for months to run the league. One weekend, when PS were playing a slightly weaker team - IR I think, Tom decided to head back home to Wexford for the weekend. While at home he mentioned to his dad that he was running a PC gaming league and his dad asked him if he wanted a little sponsorship to make it interesting - his dad gave him a little money towards it.

He then got the idea into his head and wandered around to the factory where he worked part-time as a schoolkid, and they gave him some money too - no questions asked. He could have pocketed the £400 he got and nobody would have been the wiser, but instead he posted the prize-money on the boards the minute he came back to Dublin.

I don't really think PS were guaranteed the league at that point - good teams like DK, Hurling, Se7en and Bio were all still in the league, and PS were by no means stomping everyone - losing to Hurling and Dzr on severa occasions.

It was my idea to give the prize as money to the best team - £400 isn't much for a team these day's and splitting it up into 1st 2nd and 3rd prizes would have made the prize meaningless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Post Closed on request by Zero.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement