Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Camera phone?

Options
  • 19-01-2004 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

im wanting to buy and good decent phone with a decent camera with good image quality, my searchs around have brought me to the nokia 6600 or that new siemans and the likes but i dont know if i really need ALL those apps and fuss, and id prefer something that wasnt so... ugly looking.

im wondering what people here would recommend for a good decent camera phone that can capture decent images and possibly with a few other decent features but that isnt too bulky and ackward ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 yoyodel

hhhmmm 27 views and not even one suggestion.

think im gonna go with a sharp gx20 anyway...

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I recently upgraded from my horrible 3510 to a Sagem MyV65 (available on Vodafone only) for €199. Nice enough wee phone with bigger screen than the 3200 which I was also considering.

The only niggle at the moment is that I find texting takes a bit of getting used to, after years using Nokia phones for texting.

All I need now is to find little Applications, Java games, etc for that personal touch. Vodafone Live is rubbish from what I've seen with very few games on offer

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

i also want a GX20 but good look trying to find one mate they are not for sale anywere in ireland any more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

i also want a GX20 but good look trying to find one mate they are not for sale anywere in ireland any more

Yes they are! I live in Longford (God help me) and the local phone shop sells the Gx20 on Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

anyone no what the quality of the camera on the motorola v300 is like?

• Advertisement

anybody know anywhere in dublin that sells GX20's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

can someone tell me, how much better is the image quality on the Sharp GX20 compared to a Nokia 7250i ?

Im going to buy one of the two and id prefer the nokia as i hate flip phones in general but i do want something that can take decent picture quality (for a phone).

the GX20 is nearly double the quality you need to see it to belive it. I was just speaking to Vodafone and they say a GX20i is nearly with us so maybe hold out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Anyone know anything more about a GX20i? First I heard of it. Still plenty of rumours for a GX30 - better screen, megapixel camera, SD slot and even talk of bluetooth.

In terms of camera phone quality, the GX20 beats the hell out of the 7250i, no comparison! 2nd GX20s are almost impossible to get!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

if u are goin 4 an expensive fone ie then u should consider a smartfone
    something like the spv e200 is pretty unmatched with software and features
    battery life is a let down but it is still one of the best fones that u can get at the moment
    If u are willin 2 wait u should hang tough for the sendo x
    will probably be the king of the pile when its released

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭sparkite

Originally posted by nm
    can someone tell me, how much better is the image quality on the Sharp GX20 compared to a Nokia 7250i ?

Im going to buy one of the two and id prefer the nokia as i hate flip phones in general but i do want something that can take decent picture quality (for a phone).

gx20 is much better. nokias dont seem to be good at making camera phones.pity.that being said i havent tryed all the new ones yet.maybe ill be pleasantly surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

i have the 3200, and for its price its a deadly fone, the camera quality is better than the siemens mc60, and a little worse than the sagem, but nokias are handier, and its a nice small light fone

Just taken delivery of my new Samsung E700 and all I can say is wow great phone with all i need the camera and screen are very nice. This will keep me going until either a Sendo X or a Sharp GX30

Advertisement