Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star wars: battlefront

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Read about in on euro gamer. Looks fantastic alright, if it's done right that is. It's basically battlefield 1942 in star wars as you said. Vehicles would be replaced by x-wings, AT-AT and snowspeeders.

There's four races available to pick a class from. Imperial, rebel, Naboo and Droid. Jedi shouldn't be in it tbh, and rumour suggests they won't. Definately looking forward to it, and hoping Lucasarts don't fluff it up. Or if they do, that some fans get busy and make it good. ;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

There is a unofficial BF Star Wars mod out or been made.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Speaking of sounding like battlefield.... have any of you played Terminator 3 Rise of the machines?

Its bascelly a B1942 Mod. Is is so very much like it, along the lines of how similar Star Wars galatic battlegrounds and AOE2 where.
    When they make games that are so simmilar they are bascelly just MODs that are sold for 50 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 sweep_101

Sounds like lucas arts heard about the battlefield mod and are cashing in...or is that just a wild guess??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by sweep_101
    Sounds like lucas arts heard about the battlefield mod and are cashing in...or is that just a wild guess??

think your dead on [amazingly]. lucas arts gave the star wars license to Galactic Conquest [the bf mod], and then shortly afterward announced that they were working on battlefront. seems a bit odd that they gave the license, but then again GC is pretty ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

It'll sell (of course; it's star wars :)), but the engine looks terrible; the explosions are cheap and nasty looking, and the characters blocky and ugly. Of course, stomping around in an AT-ST/AT is always fun in itself...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

I dunno where the hell you're getting that from, these screenshots look pretty damn good to me. Nice foliage, nice textures, nice water, nice laser blasts.... it could still play terribly of course, but I'm really hoping it doesn't.

Originally posted by regeneration
    It'll sell (of course; it's star wars :)), but the engine looks terrible; the explosions are cheap and nasty looking, and the characters blocky and ugly. Of course, stomping around in an AT-ST/AT is always fun in itself...
    Originally posted by Jazz
    I dunno where the hell you're getting that from, these screenshots look pretty damn good to me. Nice foliage, nice textures, nice water, nice laser blasts.... it could still play terribly of course, but I'm really hoping it doesn't.

Maybe the BF mod and not Star wars: battlefront?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Nope, that's the official game. It looks ok, just nothing special tbh; the foliage looks much more convincing in BF:Vietnam. The water reflections are nice definitely ... time will tell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

True, true, once BF:Vietnam comes out we'll most likely forget all about SW Battlefront!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by regeneration
    Nope, that's the official game.

Was talking about what regeneration had said.
    True, true, once BF:Vietnam comes out we'll most likely forget all about SW Battlefront!

I can't wait, well, I can.

I’m getting a early copy of BFV some time soon, but I’ll be under a weird NDA type of agreement called a ESA (Early Software Agreement), it allows me to talk about the game ONLY in a media context (gamier.com or other),

It’s very strange – it has no restrictions as long as I talk about in a media context, so legally I’ll have to quote my self from a media context to talk about it here.

It got 25th most wanted game of 2004. I read a bit aboutit looks good. Bascelly battlefield except SW and instead of a small map u control waypoints over a massive planet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

The textures look very "converted from PS2" ie, super low res. Also, it doesnt appear to have any particle effects (dust, explosions). While it may look ok in those still shots, in motion it could look fairly disappointing.

Matt

Matt im sure there will be a movie soon then we can see.
    Whats the games release date?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by monument
    so legally I’ll have to quote my self from a media context to talk about it here.

and of course burn us all a copy. especially us bf1942 mods as we need a copy to em, to, em, mod, on. yeah.

Advertisement