Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise Season 3, Episode 3: Extinction

Options
  • 19-01-2004 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

I think i speak for us all when i post this

wtf.jpg

This episode was terrible and had notting to do with the "arc" the acting was **** story laughable and if this was ment to be a action episode .....well iv seen more action in my breakfast

and why is every one suddenly fireing phasers and disrupters at warp bah.

The only good bit was yet again the speical effects

2 out of 10

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

very very disapointed with that episode a total let down , i was ecepting more action from this new seasion , i hope it picks up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

hmmm

ah it was alright. as soon as i saw the trailer i said oh no not anything we're changing to primitive lifeforces episode.

however i thought the the cast did well with the general mannerisms of the aliens, i say it was a fun episode to make something different for them, bet make up was a pain though

interesting with the predator and three kings style special affects of course not as well done as the film.

i agree that it didn't fit in well with the arc and should have been filmed/shown later in the season overall though i thought it could have been worse. i also liked archers speech thingy at the end.

twas written by andre bormanis and directed by levar burton, andre is the kinda science guy on star trek he wrote a book about real scientific links with star trek its not bad

anywho bring on next week

data

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I thought it was so fcuking dire that I eventually yelled at the TV and turned the damned thing off. Yeah, I liked it that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

andre is the kinda science guy on star trek he wrote a book about real scientific links

And he wrote a story about a virus that not only changes you into a alien with in 4 mins but also lets you learn the whole alien language ?.........the man must be a great science guy :dunno:

they had the UT for the language

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

I cant watch this anymore, was thinkin it was goin to pick up
    sure we all know what the result of that "time travel" storyline will be..

Actor 1 - "So we caused the destruction of the Zindi!!?"

Actor 2 - "Yes"

Actor 1 - "But how?" "Im very confused"

Actor 2 - "I dont know" :confused:

no tupal have the ut for THEIR language.......archer and co "learned" the alien language from the virus.....how stupid is that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Didn't see the episode, but the description on Sky sounded like that TNG episode where Picard starts to turn into a lemer, and the episode of Voyager were Paris evolves into a big blob when he goes past Warp 10?

How often can they rehash the same story lines?

hmm i think the record is 40 years :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Originally posted by plazz2000
    Didn't see the episode, but the description on Sky sounded like that TNG episode where Picard starts to turn into a lemer, and the episode of Voyager were Paris evolves into a big blob when he goes past Warp 10?

How often can they rehash the same story lines?

Reminded me of that Stargate ep where they turned into neanderthals,
    They even had them carrying around tupal on a pole:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Originally posted by bizmark
    no tupal have the ut for THEIR language.......archer and co "learned" the alien language from the virus.....how stupid is that

bout as stupid as changing there whole bodies and ingraining an instinct to go home, seems reasonable to me

bout as stupid as changing there whole bodies and ingraining an instinct to go home,

well thats the point the script/story was a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by plazz2000
    and the episode of Voyager were Paris evolves into a big blob when he goes past Warp 10?
    Yeah, that's BS, why would Paris and Janeway (and therefore humans) evole into two giant slugs...?

And why didn't they just time-warp like Kirk's crew did in ST4:TVH when they hit warp 10???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Guys i had seen the episode a month or 2 ago i was going to post a warning dont get ur hopes up but i got carried away with a different post

Yes it was a bad epsidoe as far as i can remember next weeks episode os decent the week after that bad and the week after that very good (or elce the other way around).....

Well high hopes for SG1 tomorrow nite.

Originally posted by bizmark

2 out of 10

If thats a 2 out of 10 name 1 star trek episode that is a 1 out of ten (not including that horrible VOY epsiode with chacktoy as a boxer)

Hmm i cant seem to think of anymore. Can any1 elce help me with this 1 name the worst episodes you have eaver seen.

some of those voyager stereotypical irish ones a pretty bad, also the voyager ones about janeways elizabethan crap

Fairhaven ...nuff said

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    those voyager stereotypical irish ones

LOL.

Paris to one of the "locals": "Just follow the rainbow, Seamus!" :rolleyes:

Ye I forgot about the fairhaven episodes, they where bad

I neaver liked that TNG episode where Piccard and Whesley go with some freighter captin, they have a accident and end up on a desert panet in the sun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Originally posted by DMT
    And why didn't they just time-warp like Kirk's crew did in ST4:TVH when they hit warp 10???

were you watching it the weekend too? :D

• Advertisement

"the final mission" it think its called thats wil wheatons last episode iirc

ya it took 5 f-ing years to get rid of him ......didnt take that long to get rid of kes

she wasn't that bad, she would nearly be dead though by the time voyager got home

Kes or seven of nine.............kes or seven of nine.......Jeri ryan was better looking a better actor and had better story lines .....So im glad they got rid of her

Have to agree with u there bismark.
    I just dont understand what that pathetic excuse for a charactor (whesley)
    What was whesley doing in Nemesis?

He evolved or he did something , i am just happy he WAS gone.

Originally posted by The_Bullman
    were you watching it the weekend too? :D
    *cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

remember it being done twice in voyager (than one where harry kim's old friend dies and gets adopted as an alien daughter, and the one where Harry himself gets transformed. good old harry :p) and being done much much better.

The only good part of the episode was the dudes with the flamethrowers. The rest was utter ****e. At least the other episodes showed signs that something could develop.

They seem to be saving all the juicy potentials for a 5th or 6th season or something. Stuff like transporter sickness, romulan/klingon wars etc. Stuff you hear people on the other shows talking about when they refer back to the 22nd century.

It is confusing.
    According to records there was a massiv Earth/romulan war.
    Yet this war never happened with the Enterprise timeline.

We know it didnt happen because the Earth/Rom wars where fought without viewscrean. The treaty was done over subspace.
    When the enterprise encounters a romulan ship they dont know who they are.
    also according to records at this stage the romulas dont haveadv warp technolagy. I dont think they could get romulas to where the enterprise was on warp 1 or mabe warp 2.

i think the rommy war starts in 3 years time to enterprises timeline and after it the fed is formed
    without viewscrean. The treaty was done over subspace.

that was because the rommys didnt want to be seen not because either side lacked the technology

• Advertisement

Originally posted by User45701
    It is confusing.
    According to records there was a massiv Earth/romulan war.
    Yet this war never happened with the Enterprise timeline.

We know it didnt happen because the Earth/Rom wars where fought without viewscrean. The treaty was done over subspace.
    When the enterprise encounters a romulan ship they dont know who they are.
    also according to records at this stage the romulas dont haveadv warp technolagy. I dont think they could get romulas to where the enterprise was on warp 1 or mabe warp 2.
    Thank to the temporal cold war, there's nothing in Enterprise that can't be fixed by a big retcon, where most or all Enterprise's history is eradicated due to some temporal thingy destroying the ship on its maiden voyage, thus (somehow) preventing the violation of previously established canon....

Advertisement