Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO

Options
  • 19-01-2004 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭

CAO has to be filled in by the 1st of Febuary.

What are you putting on yours?

Me?, Construction Management, GMIT - 355->385 points.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

So far (in order of preference

Electronic engineering ---> UCD
    Electronic engineering ---> D.I.T
    Computer Engineering ---> UCD
    Computer Engineering ---> D.I.T.

all courses under 450. actually, 450 points will give me at least 30 points slack, just in case points go up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Architecture DIT
    architecture UCD
    Computer Science TCD
    Engineering TCD
    Engineering UCD
    Computer Apps DCU
    Psychology through Science NUI Maynooth.

Covering all bases but i'll be shattered if i dont get my first :\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

Degrees
    Arts
    Building surveying

Diplomas
    Building surveying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Atreides

Just so you know, recent budget cuts have hit DIT the hardest of all the colleges I know, might want to consider that. Also Computer science should not be put before Engineering for TCD, Unless your really lazy

Originally posted by crash_000
    Architecture DIT
    architecture UCD
    Computer Science TCD
    Engineering TCD
    Engineering UCD
    Computer Apps DCU
    Psychology through Science NUI Maynooth.

Covering all bases but i'll be shattered if i dont get my first :\

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Engineering in TCD is a much more intense course than Computer Science, which is worth noting.

Also, doing Computer Science in TCD still gets you an engineering qualification on top of your degree.

}:>

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

diplomia in deaf studies and irish sigh language in the center of deaf studies trinity collage dublin.

Originally posted by imp
    Engineering in TCD is a much more intense course than Computer Science, which is worth noting.

Also, doing Computer Science in TCD still gets you an engineering qualification on top of your degree.

No it doesn't, you merely have the option to apply for a qualification in engineering after so many ears working in the industry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Computer Engineering in Maynooth
    Electronic Engineering in Maynooth
    Computer Science in TCD

And ofcourse Medicine as number 10 in Tcd aswell :)

Originally posted by Skanger
    No it doesn't, you merely have the option to apply for a qualification in engineering after so many ears working in the industry

Err... I happen to know this because I'm in the course. The degree is accredited by the Institute of Engineers, which, according to the course director (who hopefully knows about these things) means we get an official qualification as engineers once we get our degree.

Originally posted by imp
    Err... I happen to know this because I'm in the course. The degree is accredited by the Institute of Engineers, which, according to the course director (who hopefully knows about these things) means we get an official qualification as engineers once we get our degree.

Hmm, Without sound to offensive here I was always lead to believe that the degree in computerscience is not automatically accredited by the IOE, and you would have to work in hte industry and past cetain additional exams for it to be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭drane2

Computer Applications is also accredited by the IOE. Once you get your degree you can apply to be a full member.

Originally posted by drane2
    Computer Applications is also accredited by the IOE. Once you get your degree you can apply to be a full member.

thats exactly what I'm taking about, you have to apply to become a full member after i think two years of working in the industry and completely a progect of some sort. Harder then you may think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭drane2

I'll check it out when i get a chance, but as far as I know membership is automatic once you apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Wow... you're all going for really dull obscure stuff (no offence but obscure is fairly accurate)

I aint expecting to stay in Ireland for college but I'll be applying for whatever takes my fancy tomorrow night in UCD, DCU and Trinners :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

While DIT may have the worst budget cuts Architecture is what i really want to do and its easier to cut down the points via interview and suitability test. also the computer science one is simply i felt like putting that first :)

Don't get me wrong Computer Science is a good degree, but alas finding a job can be very hard without experience, and hte money can be ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

"dull obscure stuff" isn't that a bit of a contradiction?

Physics and Chemistry of Advanced Materials TCD

Doesn't really matter what I put after that cause the points are piss low. (That's not why I'm doing it).

You could be right Skanger... I'm not sure anymore tbh...

You're right about the jobs though... although hopefully that'll have cleared up by the time I finish my degree. If not I have a couple of backup plans anyway, thankfully :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 MissyLoveParade

sent off CAO pharmacy TCD, UCC and royal college of surgeons
    dietetics, optometry and a few other crazy things
    my top 5 choices are all 500+
    aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Advertisement