Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Detecting incoming calls while online

Options
  • 15-04-2000 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭

Is there any free software that works in ireland for detecting incoming calls while online surfing or playing quake or whatever?

(this is quake orientated in the sense that I can play more online if I had some such software.Im sure there are lots of ppl that could use this type of thing anyway)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

yes

no

i dont know

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Mmm... tasty... spam...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I don't there's software as such. There is a hardware solution that sits on the line and flashes a light when it here's a call waiting tone (amongst all the screaming and wailing and nashing of the modems)
    http://www.csnz.com/cwa/index.htm

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Spam? Without me?? cool.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifDid Someone Say Spam biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

-=20-40=-
    2040.gibworld.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

on the general subject, is there a program available for free to spread one program over several <ugh> floppys?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Winzip (any recent version) can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I thought if you could pick up the call waiting tone you were disconnected at that point?

There's an online version here over in the states, you can even route them to a RA answering machine and listen to it via a webbrowsers. Can't remember the sites name though, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

I saw them alright hobbes but they are specific to the US. I also know of modems that ave the feature built in. I was just hoping there was a cheaper way.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭BugBlaster

get a second line and have it hunting... isdn does this as standard

Advertisement