Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please someone help me understand this issue

Options
  • 20-01-2004 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Cheating.
    I simply do not understand it

To the best of my knolage there are a few servers set up for cheaters to play on that allow wall hack and aimbot ect.

Why do cheaters not use these servers? Why does anyone want to cheat in multiplayer games. I understand if its single player and you have completed the game aready the yes u will may re-play it with cheats but why would someone want to cheat and ruin other peoples online games?

I have talked to people about this b4 and they say its cause the cheaters have no life and no friends and they think that if they play well people will like them.

What are your views on this issue. Why do you think people cheat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

People cheat in the hopes that the advantage it gives them will earn them prestige in lieu of actual skill, so playing on a cheat enabled server where the advantage is nullified would be a bit pointless (yes even more pointless than revelling in completely fake 'respect' I imagine)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

another aspect of cheaters are those who bore of the set game and wish to break the rules for the rush they (sadly) get from everyone goin all bitchy or from people as noted earlier respectin them. I tend to find that most cheaters i run into are not as bad players as one would think they just dont want to play the game and instead mess with it given them this kinda ego trip...

course they are still lamers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

The thing i hate most about them is if you ask them niceley to just go and die a hoorible death they wont. I asked 1 guy to go and cover himself in petrel and then light it and he wouldent.

Advertisement