Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise to be cancelled....?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

All the good sci-fi shows seem to get the axe. Maybe it's because they require the viewer to think and become involved beyond that of tune in, get your cheap laugh, tune out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

They get canceled cause of all thease cultural differences.
    PPL in different countires like different shows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

family guy being about 5 mintues long, full of totally PC crap.

my god that show was a breath of fresh air ....I remember the song peter sung when he made his own house a country fecking class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Cancel Enterprise and give us the Captain Sulu series everyone wants....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

thing is everyone doesn't want a captain sulu series, they couldn't even get a captain sulu book together a few years back.

editor of pocket books i think it was john ordover said if he got X many requests (a reasonable amount i assure you) they would do a captain sulu book/series not sure which they didn't get anywhere near it at the time don't think his popularity is all it is made out to be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

sulu is like 76 or something for criist sake it would be a joke for him to be given a 7 year long mission....crist theirs a good likelyhood he would be dead before the end of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

Cancel Enterprise and give us the Captain Sulu series everyone wants....

replace 'captain sulu' with 'seven of nine.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

Originally posted by bizmark

oh and ronaldo if you dont like it dont watch it.ffs :rolleyes:

Clearly I dont watch it. Its ****e.

ah don't worry about it ronaldo its just your opinion thats wrong :), i repeat this all the time but a lot of people seem to have short term memory with respect to star trek series. THE FIRST FEW SEASONS ARE NEVER GREAT GIVE IT TIME, at least to the end of this season

Indeed wise words dataisgod

I remember when DS9 first stated on Uk/Ireland as far as i recall it was shown on BBC on thuesday or thursday at 7.00. Moast poeple hated the first few seris of DS9

It a good first episode. Better than Farpoint in TNG
    Voyager and Enterprise had decent first episodes. The rating for voyagers first episode where over 21 million

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    ah don't worry about it ronaldo its just your opinion thats wrong :), i repeat this all the time but a lot of people seem to have short term memory with respect to star trek series. THE FIRST FEW SEASONS ARE NEVER GREAT GIVE IT TIME, at least to the end of this season
    and in the case of Voyager, the last few seasons are shit too? :)

btw, why do you think the first few seasons (of DS9 and TNG) are never great? Other shows seem to be able to put something decent together in the space of.... 3 years.

I didnt think voaygaer was that bad in the end, i did like the kazon but the borg kept it interesting

I liked the episode with the devore imperiam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

I loved SAAB and was well disappointed when it was cancelled. I thought it had a good story to it.
    Bloody americans always cancelling the best of shows while they churn out crap like rich girls and the osburnes. Sure i seen today that sharon osburne has her own show.

Ye, would like the SAAB on PC where the hell can you get it?

On the issue of cancelling shows:

:mad: :mad: FIREFLY:mad: :mad:

I firmly believe that in a ten years this will be the old star trek series (et al Kirk)
    What I mean is that people will identify its unique qualities.
    Rodenberry created something new something different what followed was 'dollys'
    JW went from Buffy and created something 'new and different' if Firefly

It had a good start and major potential, major

Ye SAAB on puc is what i would love i sent a message to guy at boards .ie who has it but i forgot his name and didnt get a message back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

enterprise was doomed for me the first time i heard the intro music, urggh

I have actualy heard it played in many pubs and a few months ago when i was in the hideout (beaside stephens green) i heard it in there so it does seem to be a popular song. allot of Star Trek fans arnt fond of it. One of my friends mutes the TV during the intro

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

It wont get cancelled. These rumours go out every year, last year there were rumours that Enterprise was to be scrapped and replaced by a new series of TNG. This "anonymous source' is probably the same bloke that starts them every year. Maybe even one of the producers to scare everyone into watching it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

Originally posted by Dataisgod

lol i guess it must be me...id probably show more interest if all the girls didnt look like aliens. :p

That cant be your only motivation for watching star trek
    Besides whats wrong with Tpol?

Originally posted by kaids
    and in the case of Voyager, the last few seasons are shit too? :)

btw, why do you think the first few seasons (of DS9 and TNG) are never great? Other shows seem to be able to put something decent together in the space of.... 3 years.

TNG was pretty good at the start admittedly in comparision to others, killed of a major character in the first season, you don't see that happening these days, however i think the show really kicked off with episodes like Q who i think it was when he introduced them to the borg and yesterdays enterprise both classic episodes.

DS9 i don't think got off to as good a start too much focus on religion and that crap, it was unique though it that it did the first three-parter as opposed to the usual two, involving the bajoran terrorist group the circle. DS9 though really got its teeth when it got the defiant and the jem'hadar were introduced, quality show all in all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Cant wait till they cancel it, sure they're only trying to rehash the original series
    Arher the new Cpt. Kirk , Tpol and the engineer with the southern drawl there to give him advice, Spock/Dr.Mcoy?
    Now throw in a black fella and that asian girl(cant remember their names) and youve got a new alternate Uhura/Sulu.
    It will never improve with that sort of thinking behind it.

Yes i had forgotten about that 3 parter. Thankyou for reminding me, i might go see if i have it lying around.

Ye Yesterdays enterpise and Q-borg are brillent episodes. I have them both recorded on the same VHS tape- No adds :)

I did love in the first gem`hadar episode when the USS Oddsessy gets ramed by a gemhadar fighter (i have never actually seen that whole episode!!!!)

Advertisement