Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks !!

Options
  • 17-04-2000 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Will update the site later on tonight. Some nice screenshots and demos.

As for you podgeen, you the man smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Heres the images of the final for now. I will update later.

psv7-finals-dm6.gif and

psv7-finals-dm7.gif

Also if you go to the PS web site you can grab the demos.

http://www.clanlink.com/ps/

Tom

[This message has been edited by Jedi (edited 17-04-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Great League, very enjoyable matches! Very happy with Bio's finishing place @ joint 3rd!

Well done Jedi for organising this very successfully. *pats back*

Were there any spectator POV demos of the final which hop between diff players POV? Think I'd enjoy watching something like that.

Lucutus of Borg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Nice one PS.

Did Jay play for se7en then?
    Or who are the 2 daves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Cheers fir dah league I did play in Thomawss boy. Tought you were deadly as admin, not a single qualm boy. Welldone in winning the final too boy. Welldone too nicky boy. Welldone to 7 and rest of ps 'swell boy. Nice one, yous boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

Indeed Tom, thanks a bunch for all the work put in....hope all the ****e wont stop you doing it again.

Well done PS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 The RzA

On behalf of everyone in BiO i'd like to especially thank Jedi for all the effort he put into the league which resulted in a very enjoyable season for all members of BiO's Quake3 team. It definitely gets the fun factor award from us over the other leagues we've played in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭H-K

good work Tom!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Tom, make sure you read my comments carefully. I think you know what I think of you.
    Congrats on the league, its a ***** to run and you learn a lot from it.

What you might consider is adminning the other division (which ever doesnt contain PS) or just delegating contentious decisions to a third party (I'll do it if noone else will).

I dont think anyone had any problems with your adminning up until the final and the cash made it less fun-centric, so I for one would ask you to reconsider adminning the next league, at least co-adminning it with someone. It will be extremely difficult to find someone who will give up their sundays if they dont have an interest in the games.

Anyway, congrats etc. Everyone here will tell you the stories of the bitter rivalry between nD and CT until they sat down and got p1ssed together.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

POV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Hi all players,

Well the First Quake 3 League is now complete and in one way I glad it is but in other ways I already miss it.

To be honest I never had as much enjoyment out of a game in all my life. Through the admining I met lots of new people. Made lots of new friend (Love you UL muppets) But unfortunetly with any admining job losing the respect of some friends too.

The admining job was hard and took up alot of time but the enjoyment I got out of it easily trebled the effert. However, the league would not have been possible without the help of a number of people. So SPECIAL thx go out to:

Cloud
    Slosh
    Dev

Regi
    for giving up there time getting to get ireland only quake3 server up and running and for coming to my need all those sunday mornings when the server was down. Thank lads.

Also what to say a special thx to;

Spoonman
    Mindphuck
    PS-Sean
    Chaos
    Pred

for all there help with the admining of the games. Cheers lads.

I also want to thank;
    Al the UL lads and lassys for there hopitality over the last few months and for being so bloody sound.

Last of all I want to thank the sponsors of the league. A number of small businesses in Wexford. Who kindly paid for poisoning both Seven and PS with Vodka and red bull on saturday.

So with all that said. I have to say that I agree that admining the league and playing for a team is almost impossible. I will however say that any decisions I made over the last few weeks were not biased. You can ask anyone that knows me properly. But on that note I have to say that I still plan on playing for PS. So therefore I will not be admining the next quake3 league. I would love too but with people thinking that my decisions are biased and PS planning a long future at the top I think its best I step down smile.gif.

Finally I want to thank the Seven lads for the night out after the final. We will always be rivals (I hope). But after saturday I think behind it there was a good friendship made.

Respect

Thx

Tom(Jedi)

P.S: Jay you some Dancer.

[This message has been edited by Jedi (edited 17-04-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

What were the scores?

Any screen shots?

(from the final I mean)

[This message has been edited by BossArky (edited 17-04-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

Lads thanx for a great weekend
    all the duels, instantgib etc..
    also tom cheers for da team games
    I hope you were not refering to me when u sppoke of "ul muppets".

finally thanx ta sonic and gman for use of their machines...
    yer welcome to drop over ta my house during da summer for da lan
    we'll have a few decent machines.. hopefully

Advertisement