Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quakeworld servers

Options
  • 08-04-2000 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

When will the quakeworld servers be put bak up? i've just gotten nolimits so i can't play on barrysworld anymore frown.gif

I think a clan arena server would be enuff, defintley no need for a ffa server, and the war server was hardly used either. Maybe u could have a qizmo server?, i know it's not really needed but it makes my 56k modem think it's an isdn modem smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Vincent (edited 08-04-2000).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭madyoke

yea

gis a qw server

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

FFS - WHEN ITS READY!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

vincent,
    wanna duel in qw sometime?

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

sry slosh i know u're doing u're best to get the servers bak up, but meself is a bit ****ed cause i can't really play anywhere at the moment cause there's only a couple of servers where i get good pings with esat, and there usually empty frown.gif

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 285 ✭✭sam

here podgeen, it would have to be a timelimit 9999 game, with self damage turned off so i dont hurt myself when i panic and fire at you at point blank range with the rocket launcher, and it would obviously have to be on dm3, the only quake level that my tactics work on for a proper 1v1, because i like standing in one place shooting rockets at doorways a lot, if you dont come out then youre a ****ing camping *****, you ****ing chicken, come out and get hit by my carefully placed rockets like a real man you ****ing camping dickhead

• Advertisement

also it would have to be a clan-arena-duel,
    which i equate to rocket arena, (i would never play rocket arena against anyone good in case i was forced to aim however)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

yes mr "sam" everyone knows of our epic ca duel on dm3, the kids still talk about it on the corners! it truely is the only way to play duels!

my memory has suffered a tempoary lapse as of late, who won that again?

yes my memory has suffered a terrible loss as well, this epic duel was a result of a LAN challenge, which was played on the net, also as i recall 2 minutes into the game when it became obvious you could do nothing if i camped, you started crying like a little baby , until i typed in "i think ive proved my point" and came out voluntarily

would mr "DEATH" like to do that again? (mr. sam would)
    also at this time i would like to remind you that the original challenge was for lan, but anyway

is that a challenge then sam?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The box that slosh has donated to the IGN is online now (you can ping it at slosh.ign.ie) but someone in Eircom has done something special too it and while its there, nothing is running on it.

Its there or there abouts lads, but it might take a day or two to sort out :^(((((

Tom.

• Advertisement

in response to the above "article" from the said mr "sam", i would like to answer yes to your challenege but with just a few legal requirements and conditions if i may,

I , the aforementioned winner of the "said" previously mentioned "ca" duel, accept the said challenge on the preconditions that, the said mr "sam" would stand exactly in the centre of the mound in dm3, while waving an axe furiously. but as a precondition the aforementioned "sam" must not move from that spot. Also in ammendum to the said above "conditions" i also reserve the right to retreat at the first sign of trouble and i also reserve the right to moan like a "*****". Also in contious puctious mucktious mila copius yella yella i also reserve the right to leave at any time, yet still claiming the victory.

If all preconditions are met , i will arrange that my people call your people so that our people can arranage a time when it would be suitable for your people, pat and joe and ted and jacinta, to contact my people , john and bill and moe and dervella, in order that they could arrange a suitable location for the aforementioned people to meet and thus arrange a time that perhaps on the offchance that we would arrange a phone call so that we could arrange a time to meet and arrange a suitable time and location for this afforementioned "duel"

Yours Sincerely,
    Mr "death"

As an ammendum i would like to add one final thing:
    C:\WINDOWS>ping slosh.ign.ie

Pinging slosh.ign.ie [159.134.244.206] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 159.134.244.206: bytes=32 time=112ms TTL=122
    Reply from 159.134.244.206: bytes=32 time=136ms TTL=122
    Reply from 159.134.244.206: bytes=32 time=94ms TTL=122
    Reply from 159.134.244.206: bytes=32 time=106ms TTL=122

Ping statistics for 159.134.244.206:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 94ms, Maximum = 136ms, Average = 112ms

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sam didnt we play on a Lan?
    Um, I think Skyclad and Quozl were there too.
    Oh yes, you were serving and it caused you unusual lag. Hmm yes that must be it smile.gif

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

no no you have to tell me beforehand so i know youre recording it like, that way i will moan more
    anyway it wasnt a duel!

mr "death" a phone call has been arranged, whereby we may conduct our business through the aforementioned method, failing that i will give young james a letter which upon opening would reveal a bomb, at which point i would expect that you out of curiousity would ignite the fuse and thus ending youre lengthy career of hatching many plots , also young james has been instructed to not tell anyone about this plot, so there will be no prior warning of this letter given to you by any associates, accomplices or even affiliates

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

I have decided to intervene in mr "death" and mr "sam"'s little extravaganza..

How about a water pistol fight down the Andersonstown (Andy's Town to the normal punter) road in Belfast, with portable drills and leaking car battery's as back ups, Im sure you'll agree.. it would make quite an awesome rematch.

yours..
    Qualified enuff to shove a small amount of homemade explosive in anal regionsly..

mr "chief"..

p.s.. why do i suddenly get the urge to shout..
    "shuddup ph00l" .. must be a mr "t" kinda thing..

Nyom

3=O]

|Chiefy|....

[This message has been edited by Chief (edited 12-04-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

On behalf of all dedicated Quake playing Esat No-Limits Account Holders, I would just like to say "whine, whimper, blubber, sob, sniff" cool.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭m1RV

<< Arf Arf >>

<< Arf Arf >>

.... Spam smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

<< Arf Arf >>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

No sh1t.

just joining in on the fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭FutureQuakeDood

STOP THINKING SPAM IS FUN!!! YOU ARE NO LIFERS!! MUPPETS!!

Advertisement