Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IIS Not Executing ASP files

Options
  • 20-01-2004 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Hey!

Been having trouble with IIS on winXP Pro - it wont server asp files. PHP no problem, html not problem - but i get an internal server error when trying to run an asp file.

In the event viewer i get the following error for w3SCVC:
    The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT'. The error was 'The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect. Check the username and password.
    '.

I also get a DCOM error -
    DCOM got error "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. " and was unable to logon .\

I looked up this and found it had something to do with the IWAM user and IUSR user. There was one part that suggested I go to
    component services > computers > then somwhere else but the MMC keeps crashing everytime I try to Open computers within the companent services.

Then I get a whole load of errors in my event viewer -
    A condition has occurred that indicates this COM+ application is in an unstable state or is not functioning correctly. Assertion Failure: SUCCEEDED(hr)

AND

An incompletely initialized CRM log file was detected. It has been re-initialized. If this warning appears when the CRM log file is being initially created then no further action is required.

Anyone have any ideas how to sort this problem?

Thanks for all replies!

Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Hey Guys,

Just trying to resurrect this thread. Anyone got any ideas at all?

Thanks
    Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Dont use ASP use PHP:cool:, not very helpfull I'll grant but.....it's an answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Auburn

Originally posted by tomED
    I looked up this and found it had something to do with the IWAM user and IUSR user.

I take it that you have given the appropriate permissions to the IUSR account?
    You probably have, but it doesn't hurt to double check just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Auburn

Originally posted by tomED
    I looked up this and found it had something to do with the IWAM user and IUSR user.

I take it that you have given the appropriate permissions to the IUSR account?
    You probably have, but it doesn't hurt to double check just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Yeah tried all that

:( looks like a reinstall

thanks everyone

• Advertisement
Advertisement