Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peats and their staff

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

No i am happy with your comments. I have nothing more to say. Everyone here has said what they wanted and you know how the majority of people feel so, that all there is to it in my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

i dunno guys, everytime i went to peatshop they know everything i asked them, but basicly i ask them if they know where do they have some products put, i never ask about specifications cause, they don't know a thing! and i learned that so i always do a little research about the product i'm thinking of buying

Maplins - is basicly the same!, especially in blandsherstown, damn they don't know anything!, and they are running around pretending to be busy, so it's hard to get them first of all

there is one fat guy in blandsherstown, he is nice and knows everything! but only one man!

and there is one guy in Jarvis street's maplin, i don't remember his name,he is blond with beard, but he is really really nice! and knows everything. For the most part i have to say jarvis streets maplin stuff are good! they know their stuff, they are polite, never had any problems with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Originally posted by unkel

3. eo980 = Liam = guy works in Peats with long hair / beard? We all know that guy knows his stuff

I bought some speaker & USB cables off him during the week, very helpful & professional

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

I have allways found any staff I have dealt with in Peats to be very helpfull and knowledgeable...

Unfortunatly in the 10-15 years I have been shopping in Peats I have allways found them to be expensive compared to other retailers....

More expensive on Hi-Fi / Electrical , more expensive on PC bits...Now I know that you can find some bargains in Peats, I personally have found them to be uncompetative in general on price...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Liam = guy works in Peats with long hair / beard? We all know that guy knows his stuff

they sold me printable versions of DVD+Rs instead of normal versions, they were mixed, when i took it back, he didn't want to refund at any cost! got me all pissed! finally i had to call a manager, who refunded them wop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,998 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

OK, I'll have to clear this one up...

Guy with long hair and beard = Conor
    eo980=short hair and beard = Liam

And yeah Conor knows his stuff. Can't fault him there. I can fault him in many other ways, but I better not, as he has been reading the thread!!!

Liam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

i can honestly say iv had no bad expierances with peats,sure their a little more expensive for some things but over all not bad.Lads you cant really expect every staff member to know about every piece of hardware in the store :rolleyes: do your own homework before you visit the shop.god knows there are enough reviews on the net.If sill confused follow these simple steps.

1.go on to peats website
    2.find product you are looking for on peats website
    3.then go to google.com and find relivant info on said product.
    4.go to the store and buy the product.

it will save you a lot of trouble rather than asking one of the guys who might not know,when you get there.

:rolleyes:

CombatCow

ps.keep expandinng the modding section :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,653 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by Combatcow
    ps.keep expandinng the modding section :)

Second that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

third that

also i wouldn't get work up about it end of the day you only work there, your not responsible for pricing its up to the consumer to be aware and shop around sure the bloody consumer advice board have been advertising that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

When are peats going to get the liteon cd rw back in ...iv sent emails to them and never got a reply right pain in the ass

Elara has jen she helps your out with in a few hour's peats at the moment are going on 2 week's since i send the email's pitty elara dont have liteon cd rw's :dunno:

• Advertisement

The Liteon CD-RW's are on order, and are coming in soon. In the meantime, we're selling Black MSI drives for a few quid less.

Liam :ninja: (short hair and short beard!!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

ah fair play

are you going to be the peats boards rep now or something ? might be a good idea if peats talk to devore or one of the admins to get a board on boards.ie

Hmnnn,

Well if ya read back through the thread, you'll see that myself and Xithus would be up for it, but its not something that management are hugely up for. We're going to put the case for it to them tomorrow though.

Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jam

In partial defense of Peats, they did manage to undercut Creative's online store when it came to a set of 5.1 speakers once. But I suspect that's only because they'd be sitting in the store so long management just wanted to shift them.

I have to wonder about online delivery charges though, 9e is a bit pricey, who are you using? I mean the Post Office will deliver 5kg anywhere in Ireland for that much (econemy SDS).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by Jam
    In partial defense of Peats, they did manage to undercut Creative's online store when it came to a set of 5.1 speakers once....

I suppose anyone can make a mistake :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,653 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

€9 is about the cheapest delivery you can get through online shopping - we don't want to start whining now, do we?

Much prefer to see the in-store prices go down a bit :)

yeah sure elara charge about the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

€9 is about the cheapest delivery you can get through online shopping - we don't want to start whining now, do we?
    but you've been denying anything about being a web based supplier all through this thread. Come on now which is it?

Well now theres a place you can beat web based sellers on price. Postage.
    Of course you wont though will you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

2 cents here.
    Know a few of the lads in Peats who know their stuff and always talk to them when I go in if I need something quickly. They've always been helpful and professional and if they don't know, asked someone that did.

As a completely unbiased poster I must agree with the Peats employees and say you cannot compare them to Komplett, it's not the same, it just isn't and any one trying to say it is, is quite frankly stupid.

Your just dreaming of having a high street shop with the same prices as web based alternatives and that just isn't going to happen so I suggest you get over it.

Originally posted by TacT
    2 cents here.
    Know a few of the lads in Peats who know their stuff and always talk to them when I go in if I need something quickly. They've always been helpful and professional and if they don't know, asked someone that did.

As a completely unbiased poster I must agree with the Peats employees and say you cannot compare them to Komplett, it's not the same, it just isn't and any one trying to say it is, is quite frankly stupid.

Your just dreaming of having a high street shop with the same prices as web based alternatives and that just isn't going to happen so I suggest you get over it.

im most certainly not expecting prices to be the same as komplett. If you could keep goods about 20 euro more than komplett...it would be a good step.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by TacT

Ok repeat after me...

For crying out loud, the're more expensive than other HIGH STREET shops.

...how many times do we have to say it. Did you even read the examples in this thread? You can buy cheaper than Peats within a 10min walk. Even if you were to compare them to a web shop it shouldn't be to Komplett who are also expensive, and have a poor record for delivery. What would be the point of that?

I dunno you can bring a horse to water....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Ok repeat after me...

...how many times do we have to say it. Did you even read the examples in this thread? You can buy cheaper than Peats within a 10min walk. Even if you were to compare them to a web shop it shouldn't be to Komplett who are also expensive, and have a poor record for delivery. What would be the point of that?

I dunno you can bring a horse to water....

well then a little tip if ur so concerned about them changing the prices. EVERYTHING u buy in the shops that peats sell and you see elsewhere cheaper, go to the cheaper place and get a written quotation and bring it to the lads in peats and get them to price match, if its possinle cost wise they will so unless the likes of dixons are below cost selling then it should be possible on most things, If they get enough people in doind this then the prices might fall as its less hassle than changing the price EVERY time they do a sale

Originally posted by Stekelly
    ....well then a little tip if ur so concerned about them changing the prices. EVERYTHING u buy in the shops that peats sell and you see elsewhere cheaper, go to the cheaper place and get a written quotation and bring it to the lads in peats and get them to price match, if its possinle cost wise they will so unless the likes of dixons are below cost selling then it should be possible on most things, If they get enough people in doind this then the prices might fall as its less hassle than changing the price EVERY time they do a sale

Who cares about Peats. People should shop around, you will save yourself money, hundreds of euros in some cases. For example, and this just happens to be something I was looking at buying this week.

Portable 40gb drive, Peats = 250 ish + VAT at 21% vs PC World = 150ish inc VAT

Of course the way prices are marked in both shops there could be a pricing mistake. Nothing would surprise me less they seem to pack shelves in PC world with a scatter gun, and all prices are marked by Mr Magoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    Who cares about Peats. People should shop around, you will save yourself money, hundreds of euros in some cases. For example, and this just happens to be something I was looking at buying this week.

Portable 40gb drive, Peats = 250 ish + VAT at 21% vs PC World = 150ish inc VAT

Ditto.
    Wake up peats. Send out some spies to other shops :) and stop harping on about how you are doing the best you can. You are not.
    You are sometimes 50% more expensive than your competition (and i'm not including web stores here)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by eo980
    Ahem €89 for a Dlink.... now, its €69. Heh, more expensive I know, but not a whopping €89 Winters!

Well i bought it about 4 or 5 months ago or so so I am happy to see the price has dropped, even if it is a very small amount. Still though, i'll shop in IT Direct before I go to Peats as it is generall a lot cheaper. And it was €98 for the exact same switch though. Over 50% more expensive, you must agree that was, well pants.

And also when i went in to replace my CPU I found that the Athlon's where generally about €20 more expensive in Peats then anywere else.

Saying that though, anything I have bought in peats has never really been a problem and the staff there are generally helpfull. Still, if you were to get a Board on komplett it would probably be of great benefit to yourselves. As you can see from this thread already your getting a lot of replies :)

Personally I shop in IT direct. They were the first to bring reasonable prices into Dublin, so I like to support that, rather than somewhere like Peats who have been expensive for as along as I care to remember. I wish IT Direct would get a decent website up though, and get more stock, in stock. They are also open very handy hours.

Peats - The message is loud and clear;

no more of this "we try our best" talk. Reduce your **** prices cos they suck monkey nuts.

does anyone use unity etail down past jervis street shopping centre near the morrison hotel? the stuff i got quoted there was similarly priced to i.t direct and they can order bits in.

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    does anyone use unity etail down past jervis street shopping centre near the morrison hotel? the stuff i got quoted there was similarly priced to i.t direct and they can order bits in.

Thats good to hear. They used to be a lot more expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    Thats good to hear. They used to be a lot more expensive.

utility r is it unitity ? they are still very expensive and refuse to get in a lot of stuff . add that to the fact that they dont keep stock and there open hrs are not set in stone .

pritty pants store imo .

Advertisement