Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racist Jokes?

• 20-01-2004 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

What exactly is deemed as an inappropriate racist joke? Is everyone not part of some sort of group or class? I see many jokes here concerning blondes,Dubliners, Americans etc.If someone posts a joke here I think that they are usually recycling a gag that they have heard from somone else and not inciting to hatred." By disallowing a jovial poke at each other's differences you merely widen the river and not build the bridges we need".I agree there needs to be rules and boundries, for example I don't think that dead baby jokes are appropriate, anywhere.However banning a joke because you think the subject will be offended insults us all.Some jokes are meant to offend slightly. That's my 2 Cents.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Since boards ain't a democracy Mods are running in God Mode.
    The stickies (top threads in this forum) list things that are considered taboo here.

If a joke is funny despite being politically incorrect then simply edit the offending gender / age / race / nationality / species. If it no longer seems funny it wasn't much of a joke to begin with. Parroting jokes can be a means of (unwittingly) spreading propoganda & stereotypes, if someone can't be bothered to do some basic filtering or thinking before posting then they deserve the kind of respect they have shown.

Best thing to do is trawl through the previous threads to get an idea of what is allowed (and what has already been posted) and follow the consensus.

BTW: You'll get more debate on the politics forum. :)

Bottom line - boards is not public domain - the people who set it up decide what they allow us to do on their turf. Golden rule etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

A racist joke is when your taking the piss out of a black man.
    A non-racist joke is when your taking the piss out of a white man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

Originally posted by the_syco

LOL:D I luv it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

Originally posted by the_syco

exactly what i thought :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

Originally posted by Capt'n Midnight
    Since boards ain't a democracy Mods are running in God Mode.

Moohoohahaha.

I think this thread should be burned before Paddy20 starts another spiral of infinity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭Big Ears

i was just going to say he would be posting here as soon as he sees it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

poor paddy20 is really getting the brunt of the stick but i suppose he brought it on himself:dunno:

Advertisement