Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clan Arena League

Options
  • 17-04-2000 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭

Right. We have our server back. Thanks to slosh (&co.) for that.
    Today is the 17th of april. I hope to start the league in approximately 3 weeks.(erk with exams n stuff but if it doesnt start soon it might never)
    I need notification of ALL clans competing ASAP.
    Will the clan leaders mail me with the names of who will be playing for them. I DO NOT want directions to their web site. I DO NOT want any double bookings of players with mix ups of clans Q3 players or whatever.
    paladin@gofree.indigo.ie

I will be competing in the league myself. I have seen how Jedi had a few problems with neutrality in doing the same with Q3.
    I want to make this clear at the start:
    1. This is for FUN!
    2. There is no money
    3. There will be no LAN games. This is an internet league. If there was money involved I would understand the desire for LAN games if they were possible between clans, but since its just for fun its fine on the net. If you think it would be better fun on a LAN then play on the LAN but it wont count for the league.
    4. There will be a 2 LPB restriction. There are a LOT of modemers. Much more so than Q3 as far as I rekon. Yes Im a modemer myself and possibly it benefits me (not my clan tho since we can field 4 lpbs) but tough. smile.gif It makes it more fun and it evens clans out a bit(thats my reasoning anyway)
    5. There might be complaint about this league. Not near as much as Q3 since money etc. isnt an issue, but Id prefer if you would sort out any problems via email, IRC or something, just not muppetry on the boards (kinda takes from the fun part of it all)
    6. See point 1

Cmon lads lets get a good few ppl involved and have some fun. A site is made btw, it just need the clan info b4 I post it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Yay, 3 weeks. Plenty of time to brush up on my quakeing as I haven't played since the servers went down, ie. I CAN'T RJ!!! smile.gif. Thank god for that 2 LPB thing (defined by ping as well as connection type so nyaaa to all you leds with 100ms modem connects wink.gif ), I might even get to play cool.gif

[This message has been edited by Steven (edited 17-04-2000).]

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Nyuk Nyuk, CG gonna rul£ smile.gif

2 lpb hurts us but I think its fair enuff.

We need to do some work with the connects first but I hope to have it done by then.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

w00p d1dly d00p {!}

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

no point in having league yet with the state of that server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Ye eircom have it a bit borked.
    Look lets just go about it as tho the server will be fine by then. If its not it can be postboned.

• Advertisement

Boned? cool.gif

ummmm poned?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

QW Server seems to bork when the HL ones dont get reset regularly...

Sorted.. got 46 ping tonite smile.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

yeah I dunno what that was all about but Slosh rebooted the HL servers and the problem went away. We'll see if it comes back...

Sweet pings now.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

GT will own the league!!!!!!!!!
    GOD LOVES TRYERS! smile.gif

Nex

http://www.planethosting.co.uk/members/clangt/

• Advertisement

/me awaiting info from clans.

Yeah leds, you've had long enough to prepare yourelves cool.gif