Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with a camcorder please

Options
  • 20-01-2004 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭

not sure if this is the place for this....

Im getting a loan of an analog camcorder for a week or two. The problem is I woudl like ot put the movies I make onto computer. is there a way to do this ?

Do I need special cables or PCi cards or anything... If anyone could help or direct me to a web tutioral that would be super duper.

Kthxbye

alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Alany,

Firstly you will need a capture card. Personally I use a Radian All in wonder card (graphic card and Tuner card in 1). I can highly recommend them. You then need to hook up your camcorder to your graphic's card. You then play your footage on the camcorder and record on your pc (Usually with the software that comes with your card - ATI VCR with the Radian). If you need more info please post back. Would help if you let us know what tuner card you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

Dave I have a ATI Radeon 7000 64mb..will that do the job ? It has Tv Out I know that ??

Previously know as RADEON VE, RADEON™ 7000 delivers enhanced 3D and 2D graphics performance for today's demanding applications. Powered by the RADEON™ 7000 graphics processor and up to 64MB DDR memory; RADEON™ 7000 features HYPER Z™ technology to increase effective memory bandwidth and PIXEL TAPESTRY™ for fast image rendering. Plus RADEON™ 7000 has industry leading, built-in DVD playback capability.

At-a-glance