Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted - recording of 2FM show

• 20-01-2004 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭

This is a long shot but I'm looking for a recording of the Jay Ahern show which was broadcast on the 9th March 2003 on 2FM. I've checked with the station but they only keep music shows for 3 months before wiping the tapes.

Does anyone know if there's anywhere or anybody who could help me in my search?

I'm hoping to get the recording for a legal complaint that I'm making against Vodafone (it's a long story).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Oh go on, we're intrigued! Tell us the story!!! It all started with a text to the Jay Aherne show ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Maybe I will if I can get a copy of the show. Otherwise I have to let the matter drop - not enough evidence.

I'm going to ring Jay Ahern and see if he can help. It's a long shot though. What are the chances of him having copies of his own show from last March?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭sparkite

wow it is a long shot.i doubt he'll have a recording but its worth a try.id love to hear the story,what happened? voda sent text to wrong person?? read out on live radio?? god if some of my texts were read out!!! trouble in the camp eh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Sorry can't help, I don't tend to record radio shows...

completly unrelated...

I think some anonymous person has a personal issue they'd like to rant about in some sort of vague 'names have been changed to protect the innocent' type of way...*cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Originally posted by Lucutus
    completly unrelated...

I think some anonymous person has a personal issue they'd like to rant about in some sort of vague 'names have been changed to protect the innocent' type of way...*cough*

eh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭sparkite

im lost too jeff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Originally posted by Jeff_Lebowski
    eh?
    Originally posted by sparkite
    id love to hear the story,what happened?

You know, someone *looks at jeff* could probably use some anonymous forum somewhere, *cough* personal issues *cough* in order to put forward a certain possible hypothetical situation involving a radio show and a global corporation so interested parties *looks at sparkite* could get an idea of what was going on.

If you still don't get it, don't worry, I'll be back in 2 hours to use huge big letters and FONE-ET-TICK spelling.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Hi Jeff,

I have the show you asked for.

I have it as a 160MB Vorbis file on a CDR, is it just a small section of it you need? It's three hours long in total, I might be missing the first few minutes, though.

Advertisement