Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom's crap con to Inex

Options
  • 18-04-2000 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭

I would like to know what could be done to make Eircom improve there con to Inex.
    It is really starting to **** me off with 128K ISDN just to my self I can not get a good connection in the day time before 6pm the ping is crap it goes from 150 to 700 every 2 seconds. I know this is not the guys at IGN fault and I am not complaining about the great work that they do. But it seems to be Eircom’s connection to Inex that sucks, I might be wrong it might be someone else’s fault But if it’s Eircom con to Inex can we put presser on them to improve it, or what can be done.
    And no I can not change IPS as the 256K lease line (coming in the next few weeks) will be with Esat, and I do not think that it will inprove the ping for games in the day time if it’s Eircom con to Inex.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

That probably has more to do with Inex being overloaded during the day with commercial traffic

===>My New Site<===

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

yeah we've a fixed 128k line in work..
    during the day you would be lucky to get 5k/sec on it.
    and just goes dead for a few minutes at a time as well.
    this is clubie though.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

http://www.hea.net:8080/mrtg/

u can see how busy inex is here , heanet supply half the internet users in the country with conns (the colleges)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

It isn't just Eircom, Esat's connectivity is utter b0llox as well.

The number of people online in Ireland has grown massively, the amount of bandwidth... hasn't. Investment in Irish bandwidth has been sod all, tbh.

Ja,
    Rob

Advertisement