Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Hosting, need some info

• 20-01-2004 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there, I was going to contact you guys by phone, but thought that maybe other people could benefit from your advice.

A mate of mine has a part-time business that he wants me to create a web-site for.

He wants a .ie domain registered and then the site I create using Dreamweaver or frontpage to hosted for a year. Pretty small site so your lowest package would suffice.

Just wondering what the cost of this would be, and what I would be able to upload the site to your server?

Appreciate your help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

Hi

Our basic package comes with 50MB of diskspace, so that is probably more than enough to start with. If you need more diskspace you can easily upgrade at a later stage.
    Hosting Cost= €80 ex-VAT

We currently offer IE domain registration below cost when ordered with a hosting package, at a price of €45 ex-VAT.

Total Cost = €125 ex-VAT
    Including VAT = €151.25

You can easily upload content using Dreamweaver. When you set up the site in DW simply set the following:
    Remote Host: ftp.yourdomain.ie (replace with the domain you are using?)
    User: webXYZ_xyz (your FTP username

Remote Directory: /web

And off you go.

We do not recommend the use of Frontpage, however if you need to use Frontpage extensions please let us know when ordering so that we can put you on one of our Windows servers.

If you have any queries please feel free to ask - either here or directly

Regards

Michele

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Thanks for the speedy and informed reply.

I have to go over the figures with him, but it he decides to go for it I certinaly think we will go with Blacknight.

Despite getting PM's from other providers.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

Originally posted by irish1
    Thanks for the speedy and informed reply.

I have to go over the figures with him, but it he decides to go for it I certinaly think we will go with Blacknight.

Despite getting PM's from other providers.;)

No problem. If you have any other queries please let us know:
    sales@blacknight.ie or give us a call

Advertisement