Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wolves v Liverpool on wednesday

• 20-01-2004 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭

Ive seen on two sites that this match has a 3pm kickoff on a wednesday, whats up with that?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Check bottom of page for official kick-off time 7:45

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭iasc

ah yeh i rekconed it was a typo, stupid bbc football site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Anyway prediction time 3-1 to the pool, on the bounceback from the poor result at the weekend, Owen to get two of them and gerrard to stick one with Rae getting a consolation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

fierce optimistic since we have been playing crap of late, and wolves will be sky high after their win against Utd.I hope we win but i doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

2-1 to liverpool i think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I can't see Liverpool breaking Wolves' excellent home record. They haven't lost at Molineux (sp?) since 20th September with teams like Newcastle and Man Utd failing to beat them there.

I'd go for a 2-2 draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

ill say 3-1 to the Pool it depends on how liverpool play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

A prime candidate for a 0-0 draw IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This is the first of two games I really am not looking forward to. As a fan of both I was praying that by the time they met neither would really need to take points
    of one another...how much more wrong could I be!

Okay Wolves great home record and a win over Man Utd, but they hardly score any goals, Liverpool know they muct play better than agianst Spurs...the pressure is on both big time. I'll go for a draw, which will proberly do neither any good!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I'm unsure what to predict but with Gerrard, Finnan and Carra back I think I'll go with a 2-0 win for the pool.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

A boring 1-0 to Liverpool, I reckon (at least, I hope it's Liverpool who scores the goal) :dunno:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

It will be low scoring, unless pool get an early one.
    Can't see wolves beating utd and pool with in 4 days.
    no team is capable of that luck/[insert word here]

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Anybody know if this is on TV ????

Originally posted by sharkman
    Anybody know if this is on TV ????
    No, its not on any channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

Confirmed Team:

LIVERPOOL: Dudek, Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Biscan, Gerrard, Hamann, Cheyrou, Kewell, Owen, Heskey

SUBS: Jones, Le Tallec, Murphy, Riise, Henchoz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

at least gerard is back, we have a chance with him as he always plays his heart out for liverpool, pity there wasnt more like him then we wouldnt be so far behind charlton or newcastle lol for even forth place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

1-1
    DEEP SIGH! Cheyrou with the opener, Kenny Miller scoring the equaliser in the last seconds :(

Murphy hit the post shortly before and had several other opportunities apparently. 4 points between the chasing group of 3 and Charlton for the 4th spot.

Im off to follow water polo it is less stressful! ;)

*edit* no more nasty scores to spoil ones broth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

you should delete that score

it doesnt say it contains scores in the thread title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

Well, another brilliant performance by Liverpool :rolleyes:

They were atrocious, if Steve Hunter's live commentary on LFC.TV is anything to go by. Owen was played up front on his, er, own and a few really decent chances were wasted in the last 10 minutes and ultimately cost them the win. Wolves should have won it and it sounded like they were the better team:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Ichiro

Unlucky Shred..

Yet I had something to smile about
    Just purchased Cheroyu for my fantasy football team.

nice Purchase and he was a bargin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Originally posted by Helix
    you should delete that score

it doesnt say it contains scores in the thread title

Noboy seems to care for that here anymore.

Not to long ago I pointed it out to another user that he did not have the score in thread title and it was'nt his first offence,but instead of admiting the mistake I hads another member basically tell me to stop cause the other lad was a fan who posted about his team every weekend

Frankly if one doesnt want to see/hear/eat the scoreline then they should encase themselves in sillystring and lock themselves in a safe for 6 months and then come out, just to be on the safeside.

Well not bad I suppose (writing this a Wolves fan)

Fortress Molineux! :)

Bloody awful thats it Houllier MUST GO! (writing this a Liverpool fan)

Fortress Anfield? Pah! :mad:

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Originally posted by Ronan|Raven
    Frankly if one doesnt want to see/hear/eat the scoreline then they should encase themselves in sillystring and lock themselves in a safe for 6 months and then come out, just to be on the safeside.

Oh I dont care Im just sayin

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Owen missed a couple of good chances and as for Murphy..not nearly as bad as Iversens miss though:)

Originally posted by kmart6
    Noboy seems to care for that here anymore.

Not to long ago I pointed it out to another user that he did not have the score in thread title and it was'nt his first offence,but instead of admiting the mistake I hads another member basically tell me to stop cause the other lad was a fan who posted about his team every weekend
    get over it.
    agreed. Why would someone who didn't want to know the score if this match click on the subject " Wolves v Liverpool"? It is impossible to avoid scores nowadays on the TV, radio and word of mouth.

BTW- Why do people want to avoid scores anyway?

Originally posted by kmart6
    Oh I dont care Im just sayin

I know you were , it was not directed at you or anybody. it was merely a comment. Now let us never speak of this again.

Well what can we expect from a liverpool formation like this:

___________Dudek______________
    Finnan____Biscan__Hyypia__Carragher
    Heskey__Gerrard__Hamman__Kewell
    __________Cheryou_____________
    ___________Owen______________

I mean against a team second from bottom you don't play a five man midfield with a lone striker. It's madness.

Originally posted by jonno
    Well what can we expect from a liverpool formation like this:

___________Dudek______________
    Finnan____Biscan__Hyypia__Carragher
    Heskey__Gerrard__Hamman__Kewell
    __________Cheryou_____________
    ___________Owen______________

I mean against a team second from bottom you don't play a five man midfield with a lone striker. It's madness.
    Swap Heskey with Cheyrou and you have a bloody good team. Who knows, maybe Heskey was supposed to play up front but just wandered off for a while.;)

• Advertisement

I was thinking the same myself for a while but I've given up slagging off Heskey :) How does GH expect to keep Owen at Anfield by playing him up front on his own. He ain't lone striker material. He needs scraps to feed off and therefore a partner up front.

One of the Wolves defenders during the week commented on Utd's lack of pace up front been the reason why it made it easier for Wolves to stop them scoring. So GH doe sthe right thing in naming two of our quickest strikers on the team sheet but plays them in positions that they will be ineffective in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

stress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

i really am loosing it....

i dont mind not getting the results if you play well, but getting a point off the team second from bottom (although they are good at home) is pityful.

2 games ago we were favorites for fourth spot, but now i think its gonna be another last day of the season (v Newcastle) game thats gonna decide whether its UEFA cup or Champo league.

i'm going to the pool v wolves game in march, i'll know what place were going for then

lost for words...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

BTW- Why do people want to avoid scores anyway?

If the premiership is on or the possibility to watch the match would be better if you didnt know the score. Since this match wasnt on tv and no premiership there is not point in not having the score for all to see :D (inside the thread)

Originally posted by Ronan|Raven
    1-1
    DEEP SIGH! Cheyrou with the opener, Kenny Miller scoring the equaliser in the last seconds :(

Murphy hit the post shortly before and had several other opportunities apparently. 4 points between the chasing group of 3 and Charlton for the 4th spot.

Im off to follow water polo it is less stressful! ;)

*edit* no more nasty scores to spoil ones broth!

Why would you put a spoiler in the thread for the score and then go and name the 2 players that scored??? Seems a bit silly me thinks!!

And btw and correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the whole thing of not revealing scores in threads brought about to stop people from revealing the score in the thread title and not inside the thread???
    Cos in all fairness, if you planned to watch a match later you shouldn't really be opening a thread about the 2 teams, because as it's a soccer forum it would be very difficult to discuss the match without revealing the score!!!

B.

Originally posted by BaZmO*
    Why would you put a spoiler in the thread for the score and then go and name the 2 players that scored??? Seems a bit silly me thinks!!

How dare you my Mother was a saint!

Because I set out with the intention of trying to ruin everyones life who didnt want to know the score :rolleyes: or it could be that in my haste to hurridly disguise the score before I ruined someones life for ever and ever I forgot to stick another spoiler tag over the players names!

• Advertisement

:eek:

;)

Now before we get anymore off topic that we end up over in After Hours.. I cannot understand why Cheyrou played behind Owen and why Heskey was out on the wing but as we have all come to know Houllier has a habit of choosing some less than obvious positions for strikers to play in. Owen up front by himself sure as hell isnt going to do much for him unless he has someone playing balls down to him. It is going to be a very tough match against Newcastle on the weekend, hopefully Houllier will have figured out that Heskey is not a winger by then.... Although somehow I doubht it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Dear Mum,
    Just getting settled in now, the views a little different from home, but the relaxed pace of life is worth it. Everyone hear is really friendly. Not like those bullies Arsene and Alex. One of the lads just called over, so Sam and myself are going out to play. I'll write again next week, but in the mean time, you can get me at
    Gerard
    MidTable Obscurity
    The Premiership
    UK
    Au revoir

I was pondering a jokey movie poster featuring
    a clumsy, slightly daffy Frenchman who speaks gibberish -

M. Houlliers Holliday

:D

Mike.

Advertisement