Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting

Options
  • 18-04-2000 9:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Just read this...

"Next year will see the prize money growing again, this time to a massive $200,000! But from there onwards the CPL will be moving more towards team-based and national events. Four players will be selected from each country and then play as a national team to represent their nation in a massive global competition, no doubt held again in Dallas.
    This is a major change for the CPL, which has always been duel based before. Angel is a big fan of boxing, which is why he started the CPL with duels, but now he says it is "time to grow up to the next level". "

Time to reform team.ie?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i bags the railgun....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Was there an Irish team there this year?

Forgive my ignorance

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

Sorry bout this, but Andy, did you win your money?

tct

eek.gif

I'm a bicycle!!

In all seriousness....the greatest place on earth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

I did and I also spent most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Whats involved with getting an Official CPL qualifier for Ireland? If Cyprus can have one we sure as hell can. I'm not saying that Koops and the other lads would be shoe-ins in the top 128, but they'd do pretty well I think. The only issue would be the expense of getting to the event itself..

Teeth.

• Advertisement

I "think" we need to hold a LAN with over 100 people and the winner gets through.

But if its a team thing they we just assemble the 4 best q3ers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

I don't think 'we just assemble the 4 best q3ers.' works... or ever will work. Seeing as it boils down to opinion. You may argue 'track record' but clans in Ireland haven't played wars enough to know.

good point.

However some players such as Beast and Koopa kinda stand out from the pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

its about which 4 play well together as a team, i've seen teams get around on raw skillz, but u need ateam well used to playing together so much so that they know where the other players are, just like most ppl do in dm4 duels smile.gif..dm6 in my case heeh

P

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

u have sam and nicky and then possibly chris , but after that u have 12 or so players who could be in there , the only way to sort somat like that out is to go to someplace like nethouse and play wars with random teams for the night. then whoever plays best and blends in the best during all the wars gets on the team. u never know nicky sam and chris MIGHT not fit in !!! tongue.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

Right then, we need another LAN. Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

What happened to miLAN?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

It could still happen, its just gonna be a while because most people have exams

Also they are demanding we provide are own insurance, this could prove fatal to the idea of having another 24 hour LAN anytime soon.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 285 ✭✭sam

just say you dont want any insurance, none of the lans so far have had any

[This message has been edited by sam (edited 19-04-2000).]

Advertisement