Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry MP Beta

Options
  • 20-01-2004 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else tried this mp beta,it's excellent,its only got 3 maps and 3 game types but it looks to be a cracking game.i was playing over lan at the weekend and have to say it a lot of fun,camping snipers can have there position given up by the shine/glint off the scope on their rifle from the sun,or by birds being disturbed in the trees:eek: They seme to combated spawn camping aswell by making the player invincible for 3-4 seconds after spawning.The graphics are fantastic (especially the water and foliage ) and will defo give HL2 a run for it's money.

CombatCow

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

the single-player demo is out at about midnight tonight i think. really looking forward to it, the demo is 500mb, but you get the entire island to run about amongst killing numerous other things. head over to Far Cry HQ to get the lowdown.

500megs...jeesus. that'll take me like...2 days...*curses dial-up modem*

/Edit: oops. that mp beta isnt the leaked version...sorry, was thinking of someting else..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

woah. Real nice. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

500megs...jeesus. that'll take me like...2 days...*curses dial-up modem*

did you mean 2 months ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Hey CombatCow - did you get accepted to the mp beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

No i didnt get accepted to the mp beta,but theres no problem using it for lan play.Anyway the Single player demo has been released today.

http://www.gamershell.com/download_4929.shtml
    Btw - it's 500MB

I got it last night but havent got a chance to play it yet.hope the AI is good :)

CombatCow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

/me goes to download.

I downloaded a 100mb video of it earlier today - Damn fine game - This does look excellent.

Advertisement