Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish Battlefield Server

Options
  • 20-01-2004 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

For all you battlefield players out there sick if playing on uk servers with annoying players here is a new irish server.

We are starting a clan and need new upcoming great irish players.

Interested?

Come join our game and talk to an admin if any questions or interest in joining our clan.

Clan server is "Dublin Server (Ireland)"

Check it out!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

ip?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ohandels

The server is just a test server at the moment.

We are trying to fine tune it more information will be available 2moro but if u search with ase or even the gamespy server you should find it if u list by names.

Server name is "Dublin Server (Ireland)

Hope to see u there soon!

The temporary ip address is

81.98.89.75:14567

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i'll play but i'm crap :)

crap or good, we/re trying to get as many people together as possible.

• Advertisement

couldn't find it today on ase only the cavan one i'll try it by the direct address

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Why do you have it set up as a dc server ? We already have cavan combat maybe you should set yours as a bf1942 server ?

The Server will be the classic Bf 1942.

The server will run a demo test tommorrow we are trying to get things running as fast as possible.

Tommorrow the server wil run from 6pm until 2am Irish time everyone interested come along.

For tmo only it will be 600k server and if there is a good response it will run on a 1mb server.

We are hoping if there is enough interest to make it a permanent thing and hope to form a decent irish based clan.

Hope to see u tmo at 6 the ip address will be posted here at 5.30.

Suggestions for maps for tommorows game are welcome.

Basically you tell us what maps you guys want and well play em!

Tuesdays game was cancelled through complications but wed 21st is on for 6-2.

Sorry for those people who went lookin 4 it!

Any ideas ,maps, questions post them here and they should be answered quickly.

See ya`s all at 6

Hey guys ip address for tonites server is-

81.98.89.75:14567

Server will be on at 6 help us test it and hopefully there will be a good turn out and will be a good laugh.

TKs will be kicked immediately and without warning and as we said we are trying to keep it irish.

We noticed that the server comes up as a British flag on ase.

Well try fix this but u have the ip address and server name, Dublin Server (Ireland)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

TKs will be kicked immediately

Tks do happen by mistake ...somebody runs infront of your tank/airplane/jeep or in your line of fire

if that happens the server will just kick you ? :dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

or the guy is about the steal the helo you had your eye on. they all deserve to die.

iol i think has a limit on tk's, say if you tk 5 times in a certain amount of time you get kicked, or killed.

ill try be there tonight. but as suggested can you make it Vanilla bf as we already have a DC server.

The server is running 5 tks it is! There will hopefully be a "vanilla" Bf and a dc server see u there sry for being late

just joined the server but there was no one there :(, also its still not showing up on ase for me

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

What mod do you have?
    These days I find myself only intrested in orgional bf...

Originally posted by Lenny
    What mod do you have?
    These days I find myself only intrested in orgional bf...

tis original.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭freekhead

i played a lot of games online i had a squad on DF2 but i was playin 2 much and the bills where becoming mad so i had to stop and i just built a 3.0ghz comp with 9800 pro and i want to get back into online play i just bought the battlefield 1942 deluxe edition and its class and i was hoping of getting broadband and starting a squad PLZ HELP

Ps.(another great online game is delta force black hawk down)

Thanks

I LIKE CHEESE,DO U LIKE CHEESE?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Please note the use of the period or 'full stop' (.) in English. Makes stuff easier to read.

Well ok here goes. For your answer to the squad question .... we dont know. there arnt any Irish clans around yet but im sure there will be one soon enough as Battlefield is becoming more and more popular .... f i n a l l y
    Ps.(another great online game is delta force black hawk down)
    I heard it was pants. The demo's themselves were unfinished and also pants. I expect the Black Hawk Down mod for Battlefield to be better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Asgaroth

Is this server running at all, I cant find it in gamespy....

its only a test server so it only runs when "they" want it to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Asgaroth

I guess that gives me more reason then to set mine up. I hope to have it up permanently, i already have a dual cpu capable server, i'm just waiting for the cpu to be replaced, then I hope to have a bf classic server running and possible a bf vietnam server when the games comes to ireland in march. i just wanna monitor the bandwidth, i guess i will start of with a 32 user server then up it untill it peaks...

Anywayz, guess i'll have to keep playing on those uk snd german servers for now, unitl i get my 2nd cpu replaced, possibly a week or two...

Advertisement