Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For I have seen heaven...

Options
  • 20-01-2004 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

...and it is

BF1942 + Dual Opteron + Radeon 9800 pro + WineX + SuSE for AMD64 + very large LCD screen

:gibber:

(Edit: Just to clarify, I got to see this in action earlier on, WineX and Radeon didnt get on particularly well and it would probably work much better with nvidia, but that involves getting certain people over issuse with binary only kernel patches. But anyway, this thing is amazing!!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Impurity

nice!

i play it on an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe motherboard + AMD XP3000+ with nvidia Ge-force FX 5600 w256MbRAM (1600 x 1200 full details, no lag)+ 1024RAM + win2kpro + very large CRT screen (much better than LCD in my opinion) + SATA HD (50% faster than IDE)+ Creative Audidgy 2 (with Dolby 5.1 surround speakers) + Big black comfortable leather office chair ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

i play it on a 733mhz, 384 megs of ram, geforce 3.

...and i still have as much fun as you guys.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by dangerman
    i play it on a 733mhz, 384 megs of ram, geforce 3.

...and i still have as much fun as you guys.

:D

stop lying lier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

stop lying lier.

are u saying im lying... i dont play it on that machine...or im lying ... i dont have as much fun ?

Whichever it is, i think ur wrong.

I think once u get down to it, game play is whats important, and granted my resolution isnt super great, but i forget about that once i start killing/getting killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Ah man its great to see a RPG flying towords you on highest details and res

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Ive been messing with 3D LCD shutter glasses with the nVidia 5950 Ultra and a 24" Widescreen CRT on my Athlon64 4300+. Its quite nice.. RPGs really are flying at you. :cool:

Matt

Advertisement