Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom weirdness

• 20-01-2004 10:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

I've been on eircom broadband since last friday and have to say its great apart from the somewhat restrictive caps. however if i disabled my lan connection i had some difficultly logging back in with the password that had been given to me but i thought it was connection trouble and it would work ok eventually.

this evening however i couldn't log in with the password i was given, just to note i was given my username and password over the phone from sales as there was a problem

rang tech support tonight who said they the password i had was incorrect and they couldn't give me out the password as i didn't have the security code which again i was never given. got back onto sales who said they had acess to my username but not my password as the computer with that info, they can't access after 17.30. they did however have my security code which they gave me no problem.

i then rang back tech support who gave me the password no problem with the security code.

its just weird, how the hell did i ever got online in the first place the two passwords are completely different. the fist one i got is a password for the email account, userstats that you get automatically with dsl will the other one gets me online.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

First Rule of Thumb

Never, ever try to understand the inner workings of eircom.

Second Rule of Thumb
    umm....

But hey, you've got broadband now! Enjoy it.

Advertisement