Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aresnal-v-Boro

• 20-01-2004 10:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭

Goal by Juniniho

Good build up play and a very good finish

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Looks like Wenger isn't bothered about the first leg:

Arsenal Team:

33 Graham Stack
    22 Gael Clichy
    18 Pascal Cygan
    5 Martin Keown
    17 Edu
    15 Ray Parlour
    19 Gilberto Silva
    28 Kolo Toure
    37 David Bentley
    25 Nwankwo Kanu
    54 Quincy Owusu-Abeyie

Substitutes
    44 Craig Holloway
    3 Ashley Cole
    55 Olafur Ingi Skulason
    56 Ryan Smith
    53 Jerome Thomas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Originally posted by irish1
    Looks like Wenger isn't bothered about the first leg

Its strong enough though,not the best possible team but strong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well it's all over 1 nil to the Boro, Wenger will need his full strength team in the second leg to win 2 nil at the riverside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

How good was clichy tonight? Really good defender and attacker. Very unlucky to not score. And boro should have had 3.

Yeh Stack was lucky with the shot that came of the woodwork and back to him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Strong enough team really. Only 3 pretty much unknowns there.

Boro should have had this tie wrapped up already to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

As a villa fan i think its a good result because i would rather play against boro in the final(if we get through) than arsenal. plus we are also less likely to get mark halsey as ref if we play boro.

Originally posted by AngelofFire
    As a villa fan i think its a good result because i would rather play against boro in the final(if we get through) than arsenal. plus we are also less likely to get mark halsey as ref if we play boro.

I think its fairly obvious you would'nt want to play Arsenal,who would want to play against one of the top two teams in the Premership

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

If I were a Villa or Bolton fan I would be cheering on Arsenal. If they get to the final they will put out pretty much the same team as today and thet have already qualified for Europe so nothing important to play for. Whereas Boro will put out their strongest team (which is very strong on their day) and they have a European place to contest for.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Aresnal? good man kmart

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

On the basis of tonights game I would say that boro have no chance in winning the tie - AW will most likely put out his strongest team next week - unless Arsenal draw in the FA cup this weekend. His players will want to secure a final early in the season. If Arsenal do put out even 5/6 of the 1st 11 then I cant see Boro preventing 2 goals - against a team of younsters they did poorly and I am sure AC would have wanted to finish the tie tonight as he is damn sure the big guns will be playing next week

Hyzepher

Afaik Wenger said that he will not change anything for the 2nd leg. He will field a team of youngsters for the 2nd leg also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

"If Arsenal do put out even 5/6 of the 1st 11 then I cant see Boro preventing 2 goals "

Um he did and they didn't?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Originally posted by James R
    Um he did and they didn't?

Nope he didn't. Out of AW best starting 11 only 2 were playing last night.

Hyzepher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Boro had a very good game and contained the Gunners well, especially in the last 10 minutes. The shots on target tally looked well in their favour.

I think Boro will be encouraged by that win and will make a good game of it in the second leg, maybe even cause an upset so to speak.

On a different topic I think Luke Chadwick has lost his crown as the ugliest player in the league ! Who was the bloke with the very suspect mullet playing for Arsenal ?:D

Tinky

Arsenal: Stack, Toure, Cygan, Keown, Clichy, Parlour, Edu, Silva, Bentley (Smith 73), Kanu, Owusu-Abeyie (Thomas 64).

Anyone see the game? Pub i was in wasn't showing the game :(

I heard Clichy and Smith in particular were very impressive (2nd game in the cup i've heard this about Smith now, he has piqued my interest!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

You didnt think that through very well did you?

If Arsenal get to the final, then the other team are nearly guarenteed european football the following year . arsenal, barring calamity, should qualify for champs league so therefore the other team would gain the uefa cup spot from the league cup, win lose or draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by Dustaz
    You didnt think that through very well did you?

If Arsenal get to the final, then the other team are nearly guarenteed european football the following year . arsenal, barring calamity, should qualify for champs league so therefore the other team would gain the uefa cup spot from the league cup, win lose or draw.
    That only applies to the FA cup, you have to win the League Cup to qualify for Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I stand corrected.

Didnt it used to be like that though?

Originally posted by kaids
    Aresnal? good man kmart

What are you on??

• Advertisement

Originally posted by kmart6
    What are you on??
    Able-to-spell-Arsenal-properly drugs?

Able-to-spell-Arsenal-properly drugs?

Why would you care if someone spelled a word wrong,I was prob just thinkin ahead and never bothered changing it

spelling arsenal wrong the same way repeatedly is irritating

spelling arsenal wrong the same way repeatedly is irritating

So I dont care

Advertisement