Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Reasonably Priced Wine

Options
  • 20-01-2004 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭

Any suggestions for a decent reasonably priced bottle of wine (any kind) from either Tesco or Lidl. I really have no clue. Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

jacobs creek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Pinkchick03

Don't know if Lidl has the same wines as Aldi but a lovely wine in Aldi is "Oakridge"

Its red btw yummmmmy wine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

I know Dunnes Stores have a wonderful 2003 Chilean Cabernet Merlot at the moment for around the €6/7 mark, really is a treat, especially at that price, can't remember the label well enough to make out the name tho, it's all a blur ;)

Luc

Dunnes Stores in Newry is very good for wines - cheaper than here! Sainsburies do some very good offers! I love Mc Guigan Black Label Merlot approx €7.99 it was on special offer of this price but original price is €9.99! Well worth it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Whats your price range? Whats a reasonable price for a bottle of wine to you as personally speaking I reckon reasonable is €12-€15.

Good ones around the €11 are any of the Brown Brothers Wines available from Molloys and or the others (not entirely sure on that one). Try the Chenin Blanc (lush), the Tarrango (just like alchohalic Ribena) and the Cabernet Sovignon. All very nice and well priced.

If only they did a pure pinot noir. Ho hum.

K-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

ernest and julio gallo wine is great, especially the white grenach.
    it's normally about E8 a bottle.
    erm, if you like proper good wine this might not be the best choice, it's more like an expensive cheapo wine, (my mum wont drink it) but i think it's great :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Shelbo

Dunnes Stores are giving 30% back on wine & champers this weekend if you have a clubcard so I'd go there. If you want reasonably priced you could go for Wolf Blass or Casillero del Diable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 tammie

j c's in swords is the best place to get cheap nice wine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

Go to Lidl and get the Tarragona Gran Reserva for 7.99.

Can't go wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ihanney

Best value I've seen .. www.lavinoteca.ie have cases of wine for 100 euro - good mix of Rhone & Loire wines. Their site says 120 euro, but this appears to be a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭MattKane

Chile is currently offering the best value for money. Especially the Sierra Grande range. Gallo, Jacobs Creek, Yellow Tail etc. Mass produced plonk. No love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 robertfrancis

Chilean Cono Sur range offers really good value and can be bought for as little as 6.99 in some places - the pinot noir is the best of the bunch :D

Rose Creek Sauvignon blanc from Marlbourgh in NZ from Lidl at 8.99 and the Macon Village from Aldi currently on sale for 7.99 are also solid wines !

Advertisement