Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I stop this folder opening.....

Options
  • 21-01-2004 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

I was wondering if any of you helpful folks know how to stop a folder opening on start up on my desktop. Every time I boot up now a folder called support opens up as soon as the desktop is displayed. I looked in the registry, msconfig and my start-up folder, but I couldn't find the culprit. It only started happening after I installed an ATI graphics card driver. It's the ATI support folder that opens up. It's a folder located at C:\Program Files\ATI\Support. Anyone have any ideas ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Sounds like the install missed a step or didn't finish completely, did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

ATI graphics card usually have a control icon on the taskbar that autostarts - broken shortcut to the folde the applet is in ?

use AUTORUNS to round up the usuall places where things open up on startup.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭-Wheeler-

You were both spot on. I think the installation must have missed a step and that folder was opening due to a broken shortcut to the ATI taskbar icon. I uninstalled and then reinstalled and it's fixed now. Thanks lads, much obliged.

Advertisement