Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Last QW 4v4

Options
  • 21-04-2000 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

This is the demo of the last QW 4v4 I ever played before my PC finally died. It shows pretty much why QW teamplay was fun and also why it was rubbish on modem on a crap PC against an LPB team.
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~von/von_dm3_pickup.zip

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

'stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

von,
    u playing in the ca comp?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Von, von, von.....still at the old LPB thing yeah ?

token smiley --> smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

Podgeen - nope
    Zero - I'm moaning about my 999 pings and wobbly shaft rather than other players connects

[This message has been edited by Von (edited 21-04-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

modem tactics for qw 4v4 were totally different to lan, the single most important thing in qw 4v4 is how good your shotgunning is, when your in a shotgun fight with an enemy, not only are you causing him some damage, youre holding him off from your teammates who can use this time to get armour and stuff, on modem this just doesnt work

• Advertisement

even against other modemers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

That's correct. Being on modem meant playing defensive all the time which is a bad habit to get into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

I just looked at the demo there.You were l33t!!!!You were going so fast my 'puter couldnt keep up smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

yesh, here, we have von actaully stating something true smile.gif
    Being on modem meant playing defensive all the time which is a bad habit to get into.

its totally true, hiv have always had v few frags against us, but we've never managed to rack up alot of frags for, cause our tactics always resolve aroud defendive play. and thts why we're only 3rd in uk atm, which sucks.

just to show the difference, heres the scotland vs ireland demo from rapture99, notice the amount of shotgunning that goes on

this demo is now almost 1 year old, looking back id have switched to glquake if i was doing rapture99 again, instead of playing on viewsize 70 in software 320*200, which shows in the demo..
    http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~doomgod/demos/Koopa_ie_vs_scot_dm3.qwz (1.33megs)

you will need qizmo v2.91 to see the demo, http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~doomgod/qizmo291.zip
    run qizmo, connect to it, then in the qizmo menu select demo player, and select the file, it should start playing
    if you dont see the qizmo menu when you connect, type "proxy:menu bindstd" twice in the console and press the PAUSE key

type "team ie", "noskins 1" and "proxy:color 4 12" at the console in quake to see the demo as it was played

[This message has been edited by Koopa (edited 22-04-2000).]

• Advertisement
Advertisement