Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fools that play this game

Options
  • 21-01-2004 6:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

What is it with some of the asswipes that play this game? Crist almight i was playing just now and 2 guys had -67 scores and this went on for 4 f-ing rounds !!!.I lost 2 tanks to those fecking muppets.

Will punkbuster stop all this crap it is ment to be a team game after all!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: sorry for the rant but i just needed to get that off my chest

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Which server was this? Report them to the admins of it; or change server. Punkbuster won't stop team-killing, though I presume it will add some ip-banning facility for server admins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Cant remember the server name sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Punkbuster will only stop cheaters I am afriad. But there is built-in ways to deal with team killers in Battlefield. If the server is set to "PunishTK" it will hurt you as you hurt yourself. Also I believe it will kick you from the server if you TK too much.

Many servers dont really have these measures so its up to an admin to stop it. Problem is there can never be an admin on a server 24/7 soits up to you to find the admin and report it. It can also just be easier to change server or TK them and see if they like it.

There are aspects of the community we dont like, and TK'ers and Cheaters are it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

ya well theirs more nice people than assholes in most servers.

I was on a server with only a few players 6 and one guy spent nearly 1 hour showing me how to fly a helo which was really nice of him

Originally posted by Winters
    can also just be easier to change server or TK them and see if they like it.
    uhhhh don't do this - there was one guy in a game on guadacanal that had -30 on TKs camping on the airflield before people started Tk'ing him in revenge, then accidently Tk'ing the other team-mates, then the team-mates started TK'ing the TK'ers, and the server became a joke because of one guy.

Unfortunetely, the common solution is to exit, go to A.S.E. and select another server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

well recently I've been playing COD iswell, and there is no TK in that. If shoot a teammate in the head you will die yourself. Pretty effective measure

Originally posted by ando
    If shoot a teammate in the head you will die yourself. Pretty effective measure

Its the same with Battlefield 1942 is the server is switched to PunishTK [As games2 is]. Problem is many servers do not have this switched on, or dont have their server switched to kick players after a certain number of TK's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

they also seem to make it hard to kick any individual player that is base camping, we had some ****er the other night but people couldn't seem to get the votes together and coordinate themselves

Another problem with the voting system [which is being changed in v1.6 i believe] is that not too many people do know how to vote. Not too many people know the commands for the console and so cannot vote, even if they want to.

There should be a better voting menu being introduced in v1.6. Hopefully it will be like the system in CoD where you get a message asking "Would you like to kick ...?" and a "Yes (F1)" and "No (F2)" option below. Just a problem with BF is they are stuck for keys... ;)

I think they mentioned in the update that the '7' and '8' keys were assigned to be automatic yes/no votes...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

But the problum with most servers is ushall when they kick them but dont ban them they just come back with different names!!:mad:

Oh and i was on a server the other day and i was at the top of the scores and i got kicked!! the thing is i never said anything or killed any teamates or even did anything wrong what so ever, but i still got kicked.
    Do some servers just randomly kick you or was that an admin?

a ) you could have been in a private server
    b ) you could have been in a clan server waiting to start a clan game
    c ) you could have had a huge ping (many servers auto-kick high ping players; it's happened me even for small spikes in my ping)
    d ) you were in a 56k server (are you 56k? )
    e ) they didn't like you. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by ando
    well recently I've been playing COD iswell, and there is no TK in that. If shoot a teammate in the head you will die yourself. Pretty effective measure
    Same as ye olde days of TFC mirror damage..... :)

In BF tho this would make bombers very ineffective, bombing a tank with a team mate tryign to mine it? A lot of bombers would be lost like this..... :dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by Pugsley
    Same as ye olde days of TFC mirror damage..... :)

In BF tho this would make bombers very ineffective, bombing a tank with a team mate tryign to mine it? A lot of bombers would be lost like this..... :dunno:

Its happened to me; going kamikazi on someone's ass.
    At first they're but a dot...
    and then the block turns into a half-track...
    and then you say "yes, this is the mutha-f***er who's shooting at me!"
    and then your so close you can see his eyes looking up at you.

And then you see his name tag.

And in that split second, you can turn up if he's an allie, or jump out if he's an enemy, and start mowing down your enemy :D

Advertisement