Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry single player demo

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

Upgraded the radeon 9800 pro catalyst driver and everything seems to be fine.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Pretence

Considering this is only a demo, I'm pretty impressed. Fair enough its not breaking any ground, but I had great fun. Bombing around in a REALLY FAST buggy, is a buzz. The speed boats are the job especially with the secondary fire rockets and the water is something Nintendo would be jealous of. The draw distance is quite impressive I have to say and the character models are the job. A nice sense of freedom, with different areas to explore if you want to stray from the beaten path.

Really enjoyable with a bit of tighting up and polish this could be great fun. Looking forward to trying the multiplayer...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

I dunno, does anyone else have this problem, I cant change any of the graphics prefernces from the options menu, if i do and then go back to the demo, all i have is a small square in the top left hand corner of the screen showing the island, the rest is just blue

I have the latest 4.1 cat drivers and its still the same, can only run the demo in 1024X768 32 colours no higher, probably should have pointed out i have a modded 9800se to 9800 pro card

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Originally posted by SyxPak
    FCD
    465Megs

Rename to .zip

nice one ~1mb/sec

The rocks are covered in glitches. Can't get optimal performance even though I have an amd 2700+, 1gig PC3200 ddr ram???

WTF??

That's after reinstalling it. Before the beach texture couldn't come out properly.

• Advertisement

I also have a radeon 9800 pro

Did anyone else have these problems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Pretence

Have a GeForce myself but a friend of mine ran the demo fine with Catalyst 3.9 drivers... maybe later versions aren't supported...

Hopefully the glitches will be ironed out in the final version....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

glitches on the rocks is a well known problem seemingly got to do with enabling anti aliasing in the demo when using ati cards.

go to the farcry game site and look up the forums there for any other probs you are having

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

meh.
    its ok. i wouldnt buy it compared to other games out there : Halo , Maxpayne2
    HL2(if it ever gets here!!) but still good. yah the bugs/glitches annoyed me too and took away from the rest of the decent game design.
    :)

btw neXus your sig is freakn' me out dude

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Grand sig, but it's a *little* big in both filesze and dimensions.
    Here is a link to a resized and recompressed one, before ecksor/Cloud run the sig-nuker :)

• Advertisement

who is eskor/cloud? Moderators? I have seen bigger sigs and now one else has complained about the size.

far cry's glitches are gone now. They just went. Graphics are pretty cool. Draw distance is good. When you go closer though, you notice popup textures, which is a ickle bit annoying.

Originally posted by neXus9
    who is eskor/cloud? Moderators? I have seen bigger sigs and now one else has complained about the size.

far cry's glitches are gone now. They just went. Graphics are pretty cool. Draw distance is good. When you go closer though, you notice popup textures, which is a ickle bit annoying.
    Ecksor and Cloud are Admins on the site.
    I'm not complaining about your sig, it's grand, but it doesn't need to be that big.
    And as for other people with bigger sigs, they should be ashamed at their lack of image compression skills.
    The one I edited for you there fits perfectly under the little bar that divides sigs from the body of the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Trying to figure this out.

It runs brutally on my system.

3.0ghz (800mhz fsb) Intel
    1gb RAM (3200) TwinMos twister
    Geforce FX 5800 (non-ultra) Terratec

Ran it on all high and all medium. Still jerked during action. Any clues?

Run the process thread at above normal priority, turn off FSAA, Anistropic filter etc.
    Shutdown any filesharing apps (they're heures for CPU time and memory).
    Install newer drives for the card.

Advertisement