Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name Change

Options
  • 21-01-2004 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭

Folks, as you can see the forum has been renamed. This should allow more people to find the forum. From feedback from some people they overlooked "glb issues" and didn't realise what it was about.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Yup, better name. "Glb" is a pit of a bland, acronym too, especially for those unfamiliar with it. It's sorta like "Blt" but without the implied bite.

It's now quite clear what the forum is about from its name - that's all good. Although the neurotic part of me wants to place make a comma seperated list from the name...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

mmmmmmm bacon :P

Yeah, I think there was initial aprehension about giving the forum it's full name for fear of troll magnetism, but I think it's worked out ok in the end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Would not LGBT not be more appropriate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by azezil
    Would not LGBT not be more appropriate?

Well I guess we could go the whole hog and call it LGBTQ if its needed.

Right now changing from GLB Issues is better as tje forum is easier to find. If the need to change to the longer but more inclusive LGBTQ label is needed then it can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

its "gay" issues anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭sidekick

If you use minimalist style the name is still GLB Issues :confused:

Advertisement