Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Starlet GT Turbo meet Dublin!!!

Options
  • 21-01-2004 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Attention Starlet turbo drivers.....

just a quick note...
    Saturday the 31st is the date for the next Toyota GT Turbo.com members meet...
    were meeting out the back of Dublin Airport at about 2pm, for excact location details log on to the forum at Toyota GT Turbo.com/Forum
    here is a pic of the last meet.....
    main.jpg

** Quick note: this is not a Cruise, no arse acting is tolerated its just a meet of enthusiasts sharing knowlage and a bit of a laugh... plus were all going on the piss in town after.. so u can act the fool then :D

Hope to see you there

later
    Macker

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

So are there any competitions to see who has the loudest dump valves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭sparkite

might head up there if i get the day off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

best of luck with the event Macker.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

hope thats not the spot were your man sets up his cafe trailer thing, he makes some lovely breakfast rolls, alot a people wouldnt be happy to see aload a starlets in the way :)

hehe good luck with it anyway might take a spin by to see how many of ya's are there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

I might borrow my granny's Starlet and head up :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i could never understand this kind of stuff. why put a turbo in your starlet? whatever you do to it... it's still a starlet. as your little starlet rolls by sounding like a dying whale people will turn, look and think "muppet" and say your car is a "muppet mobile" as, if you're stereotypical, you have 30 junkies in the back of your car.

i'm not being an ass, but why spend money on a stupid car when you can buy a good car for the price of the starlet "upgrade" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

i could never understand this kind of stuff. why put a turbo in your starlet? whatever you do to it... it's still a starlet. as your little starlet rolls by sounding like a dying whale people will turn, look and think "muppet" and say your car is a "muppet mobile" as, if you're stereotypical, you have 30 junkies in the back of your car.

Personally I can never understand this type of sh1te - someone posts a perfectly reasonable thread and theres always a few dickheads with their oh so witty responses. And as a matter of fact you are being an ass - and it was Toyota who put the turbo's into the cars not these guys, they just drive them. Go talk about transformers or whatever turns you on...

@Macker Eire - Good luck with the meet lads...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

thanks for the replys lads :) hoping for a good turn out

yea as "kdevitt" says, the GT comes in from Japan with the turbo installed already..
    @ project-mayhem.. fair enough point if it was a standard Starlet, but when toyota designed the GT they diddnt just lash a turbo in her, they upgraded brakes, shox, strut braces and all that so that the car would be able to handle the extra power..
    and also u said.. "why spend money on a stupid car when you can buy a good car for the price of the starlet "upgrade" ?"....
    well to be honest living in Ireland theres not really much you can get for you money.. and if you can find a car for under 4 grand that can do 0-60 in 6.8 secs and a top speed of 129mph tell me and ill trade my GT in :D

later
    Macker

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by kdevitt
    Go talk about transformers or whatever turns you on...

:p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

You posted about the meet on the wrong forums here.

Alot of these members do not appriciate anything but Ford Mondeo's that return 60mpg.

Glad to see you finaly got urself a GT Keith.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

Originally posted by Tommy Vercetti
    I might borrow my granny's Starlet and head up :D
    Your nan has a Starbo? Does she pull doughnuts in the church car park after mass on sundays?

BTW macker, I'm planning on buying a car this year with a top speed of 150 and 0-60 in <6.5 seconds for less than 4K!

@ ColinM - what is it mate ?? :D:D:D:D:D

@KeithD - who are you? :confused: is it Keith from Blanch.. many moons ago a webmaster for a site that kicked it all off in this country???

i know the thread might not suit everyone on the board, i simply stuck it up for anyone interested in meeting up to have and auld natter :)

later
    Macker

Macker, I don't want to tell everyone or they'll all want one! I think they are undervalued and underrated at the moment, so I don't want to change that until after I've got one!
    I probably won't be able to resist gloating about it once I've found a good example though. I'll PM you if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

That be me alright , the good oul MAXED-ie days nice to see you still promoting Starlets and your site m8.

Couple of lads in the job have GT's I'll let them know about the meet.

Talk soon

yea colin drop us a PM, id be very interested :) yea i know the gloating bug takes over in a big way when you get your new toy.. i was the same when i first got the GT in from japan :)

Keith Good to see you again on a board :) yea the site is getting popular now worldwide averaging 1 million hits a month now so im pleased with it, members are all sound and none of that bitchiness that killed all your hard work, twas a shame what happened! yea spread the word to the lads in work, id be very gratefull

later
    Macker

while we're talking about car sites, cruise irl is also a good site, but it's always down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Originally posted by Gerry
    So are there any competitions to see who has the loudest dump valves?

nah, i think its a comptetition to see who has the biggest trash can for an exhaust and to see what body parts you can fit up there.

nah im only jokin.

Theres a good few starlets flyin about in dublin, have fun lads - there should be a big enough croud

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Yeah, I was being a smartass, but I do think that the dump valves on the Starlet GT's seem to be designed to make as much noise as possible. I haven't heard any other road car make nearly as much noise. Maybe the turbo on the GT is quite a high pressure one? I dunno, but good luck with it anyway.

Originally posted by Gerry
    Yeah, I was being a smartass, but I do think that the dump valves on the Starlet GT's seem to be designed to make as much noise as possible. I haven't heard any other road car make nearly as much noise. Maybe the turbo on the GT is quite a high pressure one? I dunno, but good luck with it anyway.

:D it depends on the amount of pressure (boost) your running.. cos the standard setup you run with 9psi, and the car comes with a recirculating dump valve which dosent make as much noise, but you can run more boost with electronic boost controllers etc.. so yea its gonna make the piiisssttt a bit louder hehe plus there are proformance dump valves/ blow off valves.. so the idea is to vent the pressure build up as quick as possable to prevent turbo lag.. the turbo has to keep spinning so that make pressure, there fore when the trottle body intake is closed the pressure exit's through yer dump valve vroooooomm pissssttttt!!! ;)

cheers for the good luck :):) (hope it dont rain haha)

later
    Macker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

And why the GT owners dont stick to a re-circ DV when they are perfectly good at doing the same job quietly beats me. I run about 16-17 PSI boost and the Forge DV006 deals with this in a nice quiet manner.

The reason you would not hear as many of the other turbo'd cas out there running BOV type valves is the simple fact that most owners would not be modifing their car and I can not think of one car common to irish roads that runs a BOV as OE.

• Advertisement

Well yeah, so some people like the noise and I don't think they'd deny that really, whether it makes any improvement to performance or not.
    Modified air filters in some instances have been shown to actually decrease performance, yet this won't be a concern for some people as they like the different sound the engine makes.
    There's even people selling things on ebay that you ram up your exhaust pipe (of your nasp car) and it allegedly makes it sound like you've got a turbo dump valve.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2449907134&category=38786
    It's most likely no good for your engine at all.

BTW - 17PSI - what have you got again? Are you using uprated pistons?

Originally posted by ColinM
    BTW - 17PSI - what have you got again? Are you using uprated pistons?

Nope I'm running an Ibiza with a few little mods and 244.4 lb/ft torque on a bad day :p

I might take a gander up to see what the meets like ;)

Originally posted by kayos
    Nope I'm running an Ibiza with a few little mods and 244.4 lb/ft torque on a bad day :p

sweet!!!

Originally posted by Macker Eire
    sweet!!!

yep its sweet alright untill the bills for tyres start flying in :(.

Originally posted by kayos
    yep its sweet alright untill the bills for tyres start flying in :(.

i know how that goes.. dang nammit!!! i feel sorry for the boys in the twin cams...

later
    Macker

Advertisement